beautiful loser
Established Member
I say go with MM

Their quality is well-known

UPR on the other hand... :dw:

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
don't know about the uprs' but the MM ones will require some extra welding time. Steeda makes a pretty nice set, they are like $30more than MM, but you'll save that in welding time plus some. I've been looking at global west. they are around $400, but they are twice the connector that the other 2 are. I have avert so i want to get as much rigidity as possible. Probably doesn't matter near as much on a coupe. All in all you get what you pay for. But something that is to be welded on should be done right the first time. If it's another month or 2 of saving for them i'd say that it is worth it. Figure out what your goals for the car are and your budget and go from there. Stiffer the chassis the more power to the ground you will get and the better it will respond to more power down the road. Think of it like building a house. It has to have a foundation first, and it should be as strong as possible. hope that helps.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The Maximum Motorsport subframe connectors are BY FAR the most popular choice for 03/04' Cobra owners. Not even a close 2nd out there.......

black 10th vert

Established Member
don't know about the uprs' but the MM ones will require some extra welding time. Steeda makes a pretty nice set, they are like $30more than MM, but you'll save that in welding time plus some. I've been looking at global west. they are around $400, but they are twice the connector that the other 2 are. I have avert so i want to get as much rigidity as possible. Probably doesn't matter near as much on a coupe. All in all you get what you pay for. But something that is to be welded on should be done right the first time. If it's another month or 2 of saving for them i'd say that it is worth it. Figure out what your goals for the car are and your budget and go from there. Stiffer the chassis the more power to the ground you will get and the better it will respond to more power down the road. Think of it like building a house. It has to have a foundation first, and it should be as strong as possible. hope that helps.

Totally agree with everything this guy says - especially with a vert! I went with the Hans Racecraft subs for this very reason. The Global Wests were my next choice because Hans are no longer made, but I was lucky enough to find an uninstalled set in the market, with their rear STB also.:banana:

racebronco2

Established Member
Totally agree with everything this guy says - especially with a vert! I went with the Hans Racecraft subs for this very reason. The Global Wests were my next choice because Hans are no longer made, but I was lucky enough to find an uninstalled set in the market, with their rear STB also.:banana:

The thru the floor subframe connectors are the best out there but you will need to cut thru your floor pan.

The mm are going to reduce your ground clearance, they weld to the bottom of your existing subframes . Corner-Carvers Forums

I fabbed up my own similar to the hans and kenny brown. I used round tubing and added a square jacking rails. The round tubing is welded to the side of the subframes. I was concerned about ground clearance.

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
I'm looking at the Global West for my vert, however, after reading this I might chat with him and see if he can do something similar , if not better to my car. I want to get it as stiff as I can (that sounds funny! LMFAO!).

Users who are viewing this thread