SGMP - Pony Wars - Feb 9, 2013

Ford2ner

Established Member
Who all is going? Me and my brother (turbotrail93) and a few others will be out there just curious if anybody else is planning on attending?

Ford2ner

Established Member
This is all I got
jasa5una.jpg

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Guys Think of some classes you would like to see so that Racermatt can get an idea to make this the best event it can be..

My reccomendation was to have:

Run what you brung- Manual transmission, ANY TIRE
Run what you brung- DOT approved tire, any transmission

Then a 8 or 16 (depending on amount of cars) quick car shootout--anything goes, I mean all cars have to be street legal with insurance and registration so your not going to get too many crazy race cars I assume.. I would just like to seperate a manual transmission class, because there is always that auto turbo car that can still run 8's on a street tire and it just gives the gear bangers a chance to get a W.

Voice your input!

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I guess your right, I don't get the 3 classes based on ET. There's going to be a range from 8 second to 15 second cars there, going to be hard to make fair.

8.00-10.50 the 8 second car can easily win.

10.50-13.00 the 10.50 car wins

ETC..

Hopefully there is a little more insight on what classes they plan to run before the event

A Suede Futon

Established Member
I don't plan on running the strip more than twice, so idc how they do the brackets. ET brackets should work pretty well though. I hope they have autox going. That's what I'm looking forward to.

A Suede Futon

Established Member
The best way to divide racers is to separate street cars and strip cars(you know what I mean by strip cars). From there set ET brackets accordingly. Anything more strict will be hard to police. I think they were talking about it in the FL thread. My opinion, FWIW.

Ford2ner

Established Member
Yeah I don't think DOT approved 5 speed, DOT approved auto etc, and like an extreme 28s would be hard to "police" and would be the most fair

evo2ls1

Established Member
I'll be there.. wandering about modile dyno also..

There will be a 1/4 mile, way better than any dyno lol

Maybe there will be, I am wondering where everything will be, its a large parking lot, but if there is a big turnout, vendors, show, trailors, dyno, autoX setup...I am stoked!

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Just booked my room for the courtyard Marriott in Valdosta. It's literally right next to Buffalo Wild Wings were the pre festivities will be.

See you guys soon, drove the car for
The first time in a while tonight. If weather stays this nice it's going to be really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread