Shady movers

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
For those saying "call the police", the police will tell you it is a civil matter.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Id also make a call to the local FBI field office and report it. Interstate commerce is federally regulated.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yeah, without seeing the contract it could just be the company waiting to get other loads on the truck. Make sure to inspect everything and if they did not record every dent and ding file a claim. Also, do you have home owners or renters insurance? Some cover your items when moved if I remember.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
When we moved our stuff from Italy to Colorado (I'm still in Italy), it took 2 months for our stuff to arrive and be delivered. Keep the press on the originally moving company, and contact your insurance company in the event everything is lost. Good luck. OP.

snakedoctor

Established Member
I told the subcontractor Wednesday that if I didn't have my things by today that I was reporting them stolen. My things showed up today and they just finished unloading. Apparently the subcontractor, subcontracted it out. A third party showed up in a different truck than my stuff was originally loaded on. The people who unloaded it weren't even professional movers. They were locals and I seen the truck driver pay them cash after they were finished. They were probably hired off of craigslist. So far everything is accounted for except my entertainment center that holds my 52" flat screen tv. I contracted the 2nd mover and he said that he would check his warehouse for it on Monday. Somebody made out like a bandit financially off of all of this, just not sure which party. The next time that I move, I will definitely be doing it myself.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I told the subcontractor Wednesday that if I didn't have my things by today that I was reporting them stolen. My things showed up today and they just finished unloading. Apparently the subcontractor, subcontracted it out. A third party showed up in a different truck than my stuff was originally loaded on. The people who unloaded it weren't even professional movers. They were locals and I seen the truck driver pay them cash after they were finished. They were probably hired off of craigslist. So far everything is accounted for except my entertainment center that holds my 52" flat screen tv. I contracted the 2nd mover and he said that he would check his warehouse for it on Monday. Somebody made out like a bandit financially off of all of this, just not sure which party. The next time that I move, I will definitely be doing it myself.

Glad you got your stuff but holy shit I’m now gonna be extremely cautious if i ever have to hire a moving company

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Sorry it was such an ordeal for you man. Glad that at least your most important items are accounted for

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Damn, sorry you get screwed with like that. My friend's family had to move several states due to his wife's promotion. The company footed the moving bill and hired only the best. My friend called me laughing. They told him, "Everything in the house will be packaged and loaded, so don't set down a cell phone, if you want that box of snacks, get it now...ok?" "Ok." Several hours later he can't find his shoes. They warned him. LOL He drove barefoot to a local shoe store and walked in wearing just socks. They had everything to the new location in like 24 hours time.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Glad you got most of your stuff back. Hopefully, the entertainment center too.

I was planning on hiring a moving company the next time I move as I'm tired of doing it myself, but stories like this make me think twice.

allister

Established Member
Double and triple check your stuff, think of random things and double check you still got them somewhere. I've heard enough stories that I would never use a moving company and worry for anyone who does. There was a special on 20/20 you could probably find online too that warned people about using them.

Users who are viewing this thread