shaking/hopping from the rear.....(SRA)

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Okay guys so a few months ago I had a sra built with new 31 spline moser axles, welded axle tubes, etc. I also did solid lower arms and and adj upper arms with solid bushings. So I figured all the vibration was from the solid bushings, on the dyno Monday while getting tuned the back wheels were basically hopping up and down and shaking the car like crazy.

I had the axles out 2 months ago and they looked perfectly straight, I'm gonna check the upper arms tonight to make sure they are still equal length but other then that I have no idea what could be causing it.

Any ideas or anything you recommend me looking to try to find the issue.

Edit: starting a new thread in driveline section, verified issue in internal within the rear

Last edited:

cotchnobra

Established Member
could be a couple things. drirve shaft out of balance, Pinion angle incorrect causing control arms to bind. My guess would probably be the pinion angle is wrong. I'm sure others will chime in with some more suggestions.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Pinion angle was segt to -2 when everything was installed which is what many recommended, now if my upper arms have some how changed or something then it could be different now.

I figured it may be driveshaft since the sra swap I had no way to line the driveshaft back up to where it was originally balanced at but I don't think th driveshaft could cause this bad of an issue

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
What kinda control arms did you go with? I've heard of guys getting cheap control arms and it being really bad. Also do you have the quad shocks on?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
What kinda control arms did you go with? I've heard of guys getting cheap control arms and it being really bad. Also do you have the quad shocks on?

I edited the first post, determined that it is something internal with the rear, not ssupension.

I have UPR heim adj solid bushing uppers and UPR non adj lowers with poly bushings, quad shocks have been removed.

Users who are viewing this thread