Shall Anglo-Americans demand and get an apology ?

pokerpoison

Established Member
We have not seen this on any of the major networks and good ol' Rev's Sharpton and Jackson are very quiet concerning this one. I wonder why...

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=42504

Christian, Newsom murder suspects in court

By: Katie Allison Granju, Producer
By: Yvette Martinez, Reporter
Date created: 2/20/2007 12:30:48 PM
Last updated: 2/20/2007 11:28:18 PM

Three of the four suspects charged for the murder of a young Knox County couple faced a Knoxville judge Tuesday. Vanessa Coleman is still in Federal custody in Kentucky.Advertisement

Brothers, Lemaricus Davidson and Letalvis Cobbins were arraigned for the rapes and murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian.

George Thomas was also in court, but questions about a conflict of interest for his court appointed attorney postponed his arraignment.

"We don't need to have that at this time, let's get the representation cleared up then we won't have a problem," Assistant District Attorney, Bill Crabtree said.

Prosecuting Attorney Bill Crabtree works with investigator John Harwell in the District Attorney's office, so he does not want John's brother Ralph Harwell to defend George Thomas in what could become a capital murder case.

"Mr. Crabtree today believes that in this case if the stakes are raised to, if they give the death penalty notice, and that causes a lot of litigation he's afraid it could cause a problem. I understand his thinking, it just has not ever occurred to me," Attorney Ralph Harwell said.

Earlier this month, charges for defendants Davidson, Cobbins and Thomas were dismissed in Federal Court turning it over to State Prosecution.

Attorney Don Bosch explains why. "The Federal Authorities are going to look very carefully at whether or not the interest of justice can be met by State Prosecution and if the answer is typically yes than often the Federal Authorities will step aside and allow the State to prosecute. With that being said the Feds could still bring their charges back if they feel that justice was not served at the state level."

Davidson, Cobbins and Thomas all face a multitude of charges including 16 counts each of felony murder and 20 counts each of aggravated rape.

"The number of counts of rape has no correlation to the number of rapes that necessarily occurred. It just outlines each and every way that a rape might be possible or might have occurred. They won't be able to convict on all of those counts but they will have a selection from those counts to choose from," Bosch said.

Judge Baumgartner expects to arraign George Thomas when Vanessa Coleman is extradited from Kentucky.

In two weeks, he will also decide if Ralph Harwell will be removed as Thomas' attorney.

All the defendants are expected to be back in court for a status hearing on May 17th.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp

The link to snopes describes their alleged crimes in detail from cutting the mans's penis and the woman's breasts off to other unspeakable atrocities.

Last edited:

BhavinB

Established Member
Simpler answers are more likely

Snopes said:
Some commentators (as cited in the example reproduced above) have made much of the fact that the bulk of the news reportage about the Newsom/Christian murders has been local (predominantly in Tennessee, where the crimes took place, and in neighboring Kentucky), while the case has received little or no national coverage by major news outlets — a phenomenon attributed to supposedly biased news media loath to report black-on-white crime. (Both Christian and Newsom were white; all five of the suspects arrested in connection with their killings are black.)

However, the notion that every major news outlet in the U.S. (all of them competitive, profit-making businesses) has conspired to ignore what would otherwise be a compelling national story is rather implausible. A more rational explanation might be found in the sober observation that murders — even decidedly horrific murders — are unfortunately too frequent an occurrence in the U.S. for all of them to garner national attention. The cases that do tend to attract prolonged, nationwide coverage are ones exhibiting a combination of factors (e.g., scandal, mystery, sexual elements, celebrity involvement, shockingly large numbers of deaths, victims who especially elicit sympathy) that make them particularly fascinating and compelling to the public at large, such as the still-unsolved murder of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, the mysterious disappearance (and death) of pregnant Laci Peterson, the massacre of 32 students and faculty at Virginia Tech, and the celebrity trial to determine whether actress Lana Clarkson committed suicide or was killed by reclusive record producer Phil Spector.

And, of course, the fact that the victims were white and the (presumed) killer black didn't stop the O.J. Simpson murder trial from becoming the most media-covered event in the history of jurisprudence.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
If only someone would apologize to me for being born I would feel so much better and my life would be just great.

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Mr. Mach-ete said:
If only someone would apologize to me for being born I would feel so much better and my life would be just great.
See mom or her lover, they may be compelled to appologize. On the other hand, maybe they want you to appologize for being a miserable kid?

Users who are viewing this thread