Shark Bait!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Since the recent rash of "You can't do that" posts I've been peppered with, I decided to patrol the waters a bit. ;-)

I had just left my home on the way to visit my mother-in-law and pick up my wife since she wasn't feeling well. I made my way to the preferred stretch of road that runs the distance between the two locations. I didn't really notice any potential victims, none that stirred my appetite right away anyway. I traveled almost half the distance thinking I was going to miss out on some entertainment. Fortunately for me I happened to notice the Boxter just a bit ahead of me. I make my way closer to them cautiously, so I don't scare them off. We arrive at a light near my destination and I think this isn't a race, this person won't waste their time on me. Most people with Porsches usually don't bother, since they believe their car is the fastest. This person looked familiar, but I didn't think too much about that. I was concentrating on what he was saying to his pal. Hoping to catch him speaking of how he could "outrun" me. Alas he was just having a good time joking with his pal. The light turns green and we both start to go. As we get about halfway across the intersection he guns it. I in turn do the same. I pas him as I hit second, thinking he got off of it. We travel on down the hill and he motors by like nothing happened. We are now coming up on the place I need to turn. He stays straight so I do as well in the middle lane. I roll down the window and simply ask for "one more" Now we're sitting at the light in front of the local Chevy dealer on a three lane highway and can see the coast is clear. I now recognize the guy as an old acquaintance from school. He says "I'm bare foot" I tell him I still have my work shoes on. We both laugh a little in good fun and give a few revs. Then I hear it! What should my wondering eyes upon ? Nothing other than a red SS in the right lane. He has followed the Porsche and I and decided that he must straighten us out. Now I'm serious. I turn back to the Boxter and say"Let's run a train on this SS" Porsche driver is like I'll try. I look back to my right and see the SS driver nod. People at the dealership have stopped shopping for cars and are watching us. A few point. I imagine they are expectant of the SS to overcome. I'm sitting there feeling my breath in anticipation, staring at the bottom light beckoning it to turn. I hear the rpms climbing around me. I'm ready for dinner. The go bulb glows brilliantly and we're off. Porsche Boxter launches well while the Shark comes to life. I glance to my right as I hear a slight chirp from my tires as I leave and see the nose lift on the SS. I know now that it is on and there is no turning back. I feel the car surging forward like it wants to rise off the pavement and fly. I pull second and the prey begins to fall. The Boxter is fading on the left as I watch the SS in my passenger mirror. I am pulling out on this guy and watching it all happen. The shark is surging ever forward as I pull third and see the nose of the SS appear in my rear view mirror. All that is left to do now is let off and revel in the victory. The Boxter rolls on by grinning and the SS guy rolls by a little slower with his window down and the most puzzled look on his face. He raises a thumb then give the shoulder shrug like how. I have to get into his lane to turn at the next street to make it back to the original destination. I ease back by the SS and get over. I see that he is observing the tag, which was not my intention. He seemed pretty cool. I turn toward my original goal and the others wave as they pass by.

I have once again beaten the "impossible", and even better still was the fact that this time it happened in front of the home crowd. People say that anything can happen on the street, which is true. Believe me though we were all pushing as hard as we could. Maybe he didn't launch the best. Maybe this and maybe that. The only thing that matters now, is that there are now more bones at the bottom of the ocean. I picked them clean and carried on about my business. Just more bones for Davey Jones' locker.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Damn, that was one of the best kill stories I've read! Excellent driving!:thumbsup: Was the SS an LS1 or LT1 version?

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I just raced a guy that I know in his boxster yesterday. It's a 00 or 01. He is the husband of one of my grade school teachers. I've seen him 10 times before and in the GT he wouldn't even think about it. Now that I have the cobra,the first time we met up,he was game. I was on the way to the gas station and I passed him sitting at the bank. He pulled out behind me and at first wouldn't get near me on the big straightaway. Then it gets really twisty and he got right on top of me,so I jumped on it. Naturally,in the turns he stayed relatively close but after a half mile or so it gets straight again.:-D And when that happened he was like a man with no arms. He couldn't hang.:sleeping:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
Damn, that was one of the best kill stories I've read! Excellent driving!:thumbsup: Was the SS an LS1 or LT1 version?

2001 LS1. Had the 98 GT style wheels. Guy seemed pretty cool, didn't flip me off or act like a smart ass. :thumbsup:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
All I can say is the car loves the Densecharger. I got home and poped the hood, the inlet pipe was cool to my hand. It was quite a change from the other one I had. This was after I had been driving around for an hour or so. :thumbsup:

I can't wait for the next track visit. I'll have it dialed in a bit more for that. I've gotta get some video for this one.:idea: Have it stationed on this site for reference when the general's troops begin to doubt.:burnout:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I should have gone back ot the Chevy dealer and asked if anyone needed direction to the Ford dealer. ;-)

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Sweet kill bro! I just put my densecharger on too, I love the sucking sound coming from the fender, gotta dig the SOTP improvement. When are you gonna run it again? Let us know when you get some new times.

A

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
I should have gone back ot the Chevy dealer and asked if anyone needed direction to the Ford dealer. ;-)

Poetic justice for ya!!!!! Anything can happen in INT"L WATERS..........................:lol:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Cullen Wharton

Poetic justice for ya!!!!! Anything can happen in INT"L WATERS..........................:lol:

:thumbsup: :lol:

I'll have some track times later this year. I'm going to tweak the suspension a little bit more after things settle down here. Wife has been really sick and I can't justify spending time on the car under these circumstances.

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member

:thumbsup: :lol:

I'll have some track times later this year. I'm going to tweak the suspension a little bit more after things settle down here. Wife has been really sick and I can't justify spending time on the car under these circumstances.

Must have your priorities - wife definitely should come before the car....... I hope everything is well....;-)

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: classic

Sweet story... 3 open lanes and it's on! That's straight outta the movies.

CobraCallie

Banned
geez... you should become a writer... i could of told that story and totally killed it but you added in some sweet action...

too good to be true :-D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraCallie
geez... you should become a writer... i could of told that story and totally killed it but you added in some sweet action...

too good to be true :-D

You're too nice. In truth, it is hard to catch all the excitement and action that occurs in that split second or two. I have to sit down and regroup before I can post some of them. ;-) Funniest part was, I didn't even know the SS was there until he reved it up. Then, to quote Bob Dylan "...clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle..." I got the last laugh though. :burnout::-D

Users who are viewing this thread