"Sharpie" CBR1000RR7 (Motorcycle)

Digital

Established Member
I've been slowly working on the design of my bike. I daily drive it about 40 miles a day and to meets and the beach etc when I get the chance.
This is the same bike I wrecked into the tree if anyone remembers that. It's a 2007 Honda CBR1000RR. I have a custom done wrap of an artists impression of the "sharpie" design on the miami lambo sharpie gallardo.
I recently had the rims hand painted to match the wrap on the fairings. There are ton of little mods all over the bike as well as basic bolt on performance mods.
I took these pictures as I prepped and at the Street Kings Exotic Car Show. There was a ton of half naked models and I was too lazy to get them to model on the bike. I won't make that mistake at the up coming shows next month.

vawqr.jpg

c0tvo.jpg

4hs0tj.jpg

149bmnl.jpg

Digital

Established Member
I like it, so this is just a vinyl wrap and not the actual sharpie paint job?
It's a super high quality 3M wrapping material that's especially elastic to wrap tight corners and be UV resistant. Similar to how they do cars, boats, etc.
It's called 3M CV3 Controltac with 3M 8518 gloss laminate.

The wheels were taped and sprayed for the longer designs and then filled in with sharpies new oil based marking pens that are essentially the same type of paint you'd spray on a car but it comes out a tip. Then they were cleared.. many times.

Sick looking bike. What kind of damage did it have from your incident with the tree?

Umm... a lot. Ripped off left peg and clutch, the entire front end, levers, every fairing was cracked, snapped the rear rim, scratched the engine case to shit, blah blah.

2nq6x7a.jpg

Last edited:

CFRacer22

Established Member
I like it. I'm thinking of doing this to an supermoto I'm rebuilding.

Who wrapped it for you? I've spoke with a few graphics/wrap shops around here that claim the fenders on my supermoto have too many curves to be wrapped, but it can clearly be done. I just need to find the right people.

Digital

Established Member
I like it. I'm thinking of doing this to an supermoto I'm rebuilding.

Who wrapped it for you? I've spoke with a few graphics/wrap shops around here that claim the fenders on my supermoto have too many curves to be wrapped, but it can clearly be done. I just need to find the right people.

A guy who wraps food trucks mostly did mine. Any sign/car/etc wrap place should be able to wrap it. But if they aren't 100% confident I wouldn't let them try.
Make sure you tell them to wrap the edges around the back side and use adhesive on all the edges.
A lot of places if they **** up will claim it was poor quality material or poor templates. But any good shop uses the same crap to print on and most templates give plenty over-lap.
Make sure they are ready to warranty their work and stand behind in.

I told the guy who did mine and he didn't and now the edges are coming up. To make it worse he didn't wrap it around the back so I had to cut the edges on the front side and then paint the fairings on the edges. Luckily the design is busy as **** so you won't ever know. But if the design was a face or some shit it would be annoying.

Expect to pay 300-400 to have a full wrap applied to your bike and a similar price for the design and material.

Users who are viewing this thread