Shelby 20 inch alcoa super snake wheels

Leonard 95

Established Member
I got friend looking for set of rear tires for his super snake wheels, he really wants to use drag radials. I pretty sure I remember reading about the 305's not working on these. Can someone enlighten me on this, thx!

breoland

Established Member
your buddys best bet is to buy 2 20x9 alcoas and send them out to weldcraft and made wider to 11.75 and buy the toyo drag radial 315/30/20
there is a few threads out there shown how it was done and the peoples results were great.
I just bought a set and sent them out.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Great, thats what I figured. Hate going having to tell him 275/40/20 is all thats gonna work, but I guess thats still better than regular tire for some traction.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I got friend looking for set of rear tires for his super snake wheels, he really wants to use drag radials. I pretty sure I remember reading about the 305's not working on these. Can someone enlighten me on this, thx!

The 305/35 is approx. 1" taller than the 275/35 and will rub, especially with rear seat passengers. Below is a picture of the 305/35 on a 10" Alcoa........

Before.jpg

The "BEFORE" label was a comparision picture to another picture labeled "AFTER" when this owner shortened his axle assembly by 1/2" on each side to pull these tires in.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread