Shelby Alcoa wheel value?

mikewillsmith

Established Member
I need some help on value of a set of Shelby forged Alcoa 20" wheels. These are the 20" units (20x9 fronts and 20x10 rears). The say "Shelby Forged" on them, but do not say "Super Snake". 3 are great, one of the fronts has some curb rash. I posted them up in the market section on best offer, but was told I have to price them. So what are they worth? Only things I could find on the inter webs was one rear on ebay for 1500.
I run 19s and will never go back to these rims, they were on the car when I bought it.
Help.

There are images here:
MLCRacing200

Thanks

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I need some help on value of a set of Shelby forged Alcoa 20" wheels. These are the 20" units (20x9 fronts and 20x10 rears). The say "Shelby Forged" on them, but do not say "Super Snake". 3 are great, one of the fronts has some curb rash. I posted them up in the market section on best offer, but was told I have to price them. So what are they worth? Only things I could find on the inter webs was one rear on ebay for 1500.
I run 19s and will never go back to these rims, they were on the car when I bought it.
Help.

There are images here:
MLCRacing200

Thanks

I would guess that the Alcoa's that say "Shelby Forged" on them only would be a little more desirable than the variation that also says "40th anniversary". I have seen used sets (all four in very nice condition) sell for around $3K, but it seems that the Alcoa market has cooled off somewhat right now. <<That being said, I don't know of any wheel brand or design that has stepped up and taken the place of the Alcoa popularity. The BMC's are similar, and that may have hurt the market somewhat, but if someone wants real deal Alcoa's, not "similar to Alcoa", they will want what you have for sale. Someone, either this forum, or another forum found someone to fix curb rash on Alcoa's, and it looked very good after the repair was done.

The one picture you have of the curb rash.........it doesn't look bad from what I can tell in the picture.

That 20x10 Alcoa for $1500, that is an original Super Snake engraved wheel, isn't it? I think I know the one you are talking about on eBay.

R

Last edited:

whiplash920

Established Member
i would not charge anywhere close to $1500/wheel. you can buy new forged wheels for $1200. I would think that you could get $700 to $800 per wheel.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
i would not charge anywhere close to $1500/wheel. you can buy new forged wheels for $1200. I would think that you could get $700 to $800 per wheel.

But that $1500 Alcoa is not just any forged wheel that you can buy anywhere. I agree that $1500 is high, but if a person has a Super Snake that they have paid $35K for an upgrade beyond the $50K or so they spent on the GT500 originally, they are going to want a correct Super Snake Alcoa to replace one that got damaged, not go out and buy some lesser expensive forged wheels.

The fact that Alcoa's are no longer produced is only going to increase their value to a Super Snake owner who needs one for damage replacement, or even a Super Snake wanna-be.

Heck, for that matter, when a person could buy Alcoa's from Shelby Perf. Parts the 9" were $494ea. and the 10" were $499ea. <<<That is $2000 right there and they sold like hot-cakes, enough that Shelby had a couple of runs done after they were discontinued. Alcoa's are not as hot as they were, but there is still a large demand for them.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread