Shelby GT 500 in new MotorTrend

Dave07997S

Established Member
pitted against the ZO6 and the Viper. Shelby ran 12.7 @114mph while the ZO6 was in the 11's. The Shelby couldn't hook for shiite as they noted all the runs had huge amount of wheel spin. The Shelby did take home 2nd place though.

Dave

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
The shelby got last in all performance markers and got 2nd? It got my vote for looks but for outright performance, its 3rd.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
dtheo said:
The shelby got last in all performance markers and got 2nd? It got my vote for looks but for outright performance, its 3rd.

They really dinged the viper for everyday driveability. It cost it 2nd place

Who the hell cares about that?:shrug:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
GTSpartan said:

people that want the car for daily use? :shrug: :D

I get my best 60's and best ET on street tires with the traction control on...that launch control is badass if you don't give it too much throttle. If you input too much it will cut power all together.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
GTSpartan said:

those that can purchase an 80k dollar toy, can buy an 40k shelby for thier daily driver as well!:idea: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I don't need no stinking car magazine to tell me what is the best car for me? :fart: I already know what it is?!?! :rockon:

t3smcr5.jpg

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

SteveEvo8

Established Member
It is unfair to pin the GT500 up against the C6Z and the Viper. Those cars are 2x the performance car and are way more expensive.

Maybe compare it to a car that is more in its "class"... The 06 GTO:idea:

earl lee

Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
It is unfair to pin the GT500 up against the C6Z and the Viper. Those cars are 2x the performance car and are way more expensive.

Maybe compare it to a car that is more in its "class"... The 06 GTO:idea:

Well they prolly omitted the got since gm killed it off for now. Im sure they will do another test when the camaro and challenger come out, matter of fact they prolly cant wait to write that story.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:

Yeah, and the funny thing is it still came in 2nd overall.:thumbsup:

Emin

Banned
they compared the 500HP american muscle, if shelby didnt have 500 it wouldnt be compared. i wish it did better with the 1/4 mile, now people around think its not any faster then a stock 03/04... stupid!

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I don't need no stinking car magazine to tell me what is the best car for me? :fart: I already know what it is?!?! :rockon:

t3smcr5.jpg

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

AMEN BRUCE~!:beer:

Yea, we don nee no stinkeen magazines

bluestreak89

Established Member
Unfair comparo is right. 500 hp GT car vs two 2 seater sports cars with 500+ weigh advatages and wider tires. You wont beat the Shelby stock for the money (at least if you paid MSRP)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
dgussin1 said:
I get my best 60's and best ET on street tires with the traction control on...that launch control is badass if you don't give it too much throttle. If you input too much it will cut power all together.

How is the traction control engineered? Does it use the rear brakes and to keep traction and later cut power (from the engine) or does it just cut the throttle?

I don't need no stinking car magazine to tell me what is the best car for me?
Me neither. At least they reviewed three interesting cars. I usually don't read those types of car magazines since they mostly just review the latest SUV or Accord/Camry. :dw: :boring:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1995COBRA-R said:
How is the traction control engineered? Does it use the rear brakes and to keep traction and later cut power (from the engine) or does it just cut the throttle?

Doc:

I think it uses a 2-stage computer program to kill power? It DEFINITELY does NOT use rear brakes because my rear brakes would have been toast after the Road America event when I forgot to turn off the TC!! :bash:

:-D

Users who are viewing this thread