Shelby GT350 5.2-liter Engine

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
$52,995 keeps showing up in many places, that's a great value IMO. I love the potential bolt ons, tune and full exhaust could have with it being fpc.

I think we'll see an honest 475whp stock on a 525+ crank rating, and easily make 525whp with full bolt ons/tune, headers+exhaust.

A great set of cams, 9200rpm valvetrain/head work, and likely a more capable 2-3 plate clutch plus fuel injectors and some tertiary mods will have voodoo's putting over 550-575whp down.

Keep in mind similar na build 5.0 boss roadrunners are already making 520-530whp so I might even be conservative as crazy as that sounds because honestly a 550-575whp na mill is completely sick as f*ck especially with a nice 3.73-4.10 rear...

The weight savings and handling perks of those bolt ons plus a nice set of maximum motorsports coil overs, and so on could honestly make for an unreal enjoyable combo.

If it's not painfully obvious, I really have high hopes for these cars haha

04svtsnke

Established Member
$52,995 keeps showing up in many places, that's a great value IMO. I love the potential bolt ons, tune and full exhaust could have with it being fpc.

I think we'll see an honest 475whp stock on a 525+ crank rating, and easily make 525whp with full bolt ons/tune, headers+exhaust.

A great set of cams, 9200rpm valvetrain/head work, and likely a more capable 2-3 plate clutch plus fuel injectors and some tertiary mods will have voodoo's putting over 550-575whp down.

Keep in mind similar na build 5.0 boss roadrunners are already making 520-530whp so I might even be conservative as crazy as that sounds because honestly a 550-575whp na mill is completely sick as f*ck especially with a nice 3.73-4.10 rear...

The weight savings and handling perks of those bolt ons plus a nice set of maximum motorsports coil overs, and so on could honestly make for an unreal enjoyable combo.

Well said and totally agreed with.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Great pics!

Like Saul, I too, see the similarities with the Coyote.

Be nice if Ford would release some numbers...

Wiseguy

Established Member

Yes, High hopes!! Agree.

Hopefully we will start off in the 550-560 flywheel range.... Maybe beat the Audi v-10 5.2 liter at 550:banana:

I've seen 12 to 1 compression in write ups and then 12.5 to 1 in write ups.....

The 2013 N/a Cobra jet engine was 5.1 bore and with 12.5 to 1 compression. With headers and large Cold air setup and T-body,etc was "said" to make 600+ flywheel on race gas/track tune....... This motor would seem to be more capable and very easy to achieve number potential's out there.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
An interesting tidbit I noticed in an interview by Hot Rod Magazine with Dave Pericak regarding any power difference between the GT350 and the R model...

___FromHotRod.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If you compare the cold weather test car we saw a while back to the most recent you'll note some small changes. I'm thankful that the radiator shroud/cover hides the carbon fiber composite text that we saw on the car previously, although I wonder if it'll still be in place (albeit hidden) come production time. Those currently in power at SVT/FPG are showing quite a bit of restraint (thankfully!) in not plastering silliness all over the car.

Development%20comparison.jpg

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
the cold weather test engine bay def looks less production ready. Hopefully we'll get some updates at the NY auto show.

Last edited:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
So we found out that the 5.2 will make "at least" 100hp per liter. I know you all can do math but wanted to put this in writing for easy view. If the number goes up...

1% = 525Hp
2% = 530hp
3% = 535hp
4% = 541hp
5% = 546hp
6% = 551hp
7% = 556hp
8% = 561hp
9% = 566hp
10% = 572hp

So all you engineering types or insiders. What percentage do you think is feasible?

rustang1

Established Member
Is it likely this motor will bolt into a 2011+ car or be available as a crate engine?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If the demand is high enough that the margin is there for a given volume they'll do it. Looking back, FRPP/Ford Motorsport/SVO has had most every performance production engine available for purchase over the years. The 5.2 is bound to show up in the FRPP catalog.

jshen

Established Member
This is the very first Shelby or even Mustang for that matter in which the words "restraint", "tasteful" and even elegant belong. For old farts like me, the car can be ordered without stripes and shit and it looks beautiful. The dark metallic shown on the street without the badging sins...is simply a stunner.

Let me throw in a caveat...I ordered an 03 Cobra and although few knew it was a Cobra until I kit the gas, it simply did not have the styling/presence the new GT350 has. Well done Ford.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Well, we likely wont be taking this engine 1000 rpms over factory redline like we are the 5.0s, so maybe it wont need them ...

Users who are viewing this thread