Shelby GT350 Track Tour

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Shelby GT350 Track Tour Sebring 2015 Featured.jpg
Power Tour
Ford let potential customers rip around the racetrack in Shelby GT350s
By Steve Turner

Fans of high-performance Mustangs are chomping at the bit to get behind the wheel of the new Shelby GT350. As you know, it’s a car that packs 526 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque under the hood and that performance is put down with a high-tech Magneride suspension. It is impressive enough that Ford Performance is developing and selling vehicles like this one. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could test drive one on a racetrack before you buy it?
Continue reading →

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Man, am I jelly!

Steve, I'm curious too. How would you compare this event to that of the GT500 track event of a few years ago?

EditorTurner

Established Member
I know I'm getting old, but I don't recall a GT500 event for the public. As for the two media events, I definitely got a lot more time in the GT500s. I remember doing hot laps at the drag strip in the 2013 GT500 because everyone else left to have lunch. :)

Oh, and this one was really geared to the public. I couldn't put cameras on the car and they wouldn't let me shoot photos on track. I had to leave the track and take my action shots from outside the fence.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You guys always have the best experiences and content to share with the site, thanks guys!

Can you put the naysayers to rest by telling us driving impressions and how the cars felt/behaved? How awesome was the drive?(!)

You guys have driven so many models and nameplates of mustangs for years and years now, what honest thoughts and impressions can you share? Is it comfortably fair to say they are a great evolution of the previous boss(LS) philosophy of track focused tactility and fun to drive factor?

Thank you for any feedback. You guys always deliver great coverage of the ford performance world.

Users who are viewing this thread