Shelby GT350 vs. Shelby GT350R

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 GT350 vs GT350R Dyno Featured.jpg
Numbers Game
How does the 2016 Shelby GT350 stack up to the GT350R?
By Steve Turner

As you know by now, the first rear-wheel dyno numbers for the Voodoo 5.2-liter engine hit the Internet last week. Despite spinning the rollers on a 100-degree dyno room at K&N Engineering, the latest Shelby GT350 put down solid peak numbers of nearly 467 horsepower and 374 lb-ft of torque. Technically, the numbers were 466.78 and 373.75, but they were rounded up, and what’s a little power among friends? Well, if you were left wondering if the GT350R brought more to the table, wonder no longer…
Continue reading →

bpmurr

Established Member
Ugh why bother even re-posting Motor Trend's garbage reporting.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Makes me want to see two of each model (two R's and two regular GT350's) tested.

Thanks again Steve!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
In all honesty, the difference in HP and Tq is negligible and probably caused by a butterfly farting, or just the size of the rear tires.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
VBox has a correction factor for butterfly farts, derived from a California Air Resources Board algorithm. They'll be regulated in short order as some feel they are the most important challenge to our national security interests, after toy drones and nonexistant global temperature increases. So eventually these small deviations will be eliminated as we move to make everyone and every thing, equal.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
VBox has a correction factor for butterfly farts, derived from a California Air Resources Board algorithm. They'll be regulated in short order as some feel they are the most important challenge to our national security interest, after toy drones and nonexistant global temperature increases. So eventually these small deviations will be eliminated as we move to make everyone and every thing, equal.

You had me for a second.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'm talking about the dyno numbers. Were they not actual dyno numbers. and Vbox numbers? I just assumed that with the photo of one on the dyno, that they were actual dyno numbers.

But yeah. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread