Shelby GT350R-C Lime Rock Win

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Shelby GT350R-C Lime Rock WIn Featured.jpg
Back to the Front
Multimatic Motorsports Shelby GT350R-C racers finish 1-2 at Lime Rock

By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Performance and IMSA

We know that the Shelby GT350R-C made history at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park by notching its first victory. However, that race was bitter sweet. While car 158 made history on two fronts, car 15 narrowly missed a podium finish because of an on-track altercation that put driver Scott Maxwell hard into the tire wall. Well, over the weekend the two Shelby GT350R-Cs finished first and second in the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Championship at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, Connecticut.
Continue reading →

svt1111

Established Member
Aweome win! Congrats Ford Performance and Multimatic. Very impressive effort for the entire team.

Lime Rock is a great, historic track and one of my fav's. Wish I was there to witness this win....

I really hope they don't start restricting this car more It looks to be a dominant force.

Darth Racer

Established Member
The GT350R-Cs are dominating. Love it.

Oh, last Saturday I watched some Trans AM racing on CBS sports. There were mustangs, camaros, corvettes, etc. The stangs do well in both TA and TA2. The TA cars make ~ 900 HP. Does anyone know what engine & mods the stangs use to reach that power level? The TA2 cars make around 500 HP.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
TA and TA2 are tube chassis cars with aero bodies. TA3 are the factory racers. There are no modular motors allowed in TA and TA2 at this time. :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438066587.483252.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438066148.755970.jpg

There's a lot of good info here if you want to check it out: http://gotransam.com/transam101/

Another series to try and catch for some good stock chassis Mustang racing is Pirelli World Challenge GTS class. TransAm is great fun to watch too, but stock chassis Mustangs are not that popular in TA3. I watch all the road racing events I can. I go through the guide every weekend and set them all to record.

Users who are viewing this thread