Shelby GT350R-Cs Win IMSA CTSC Daytona 2016

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Shelby GT350R-C Daytona CTSC Win Featured.jpg
Twice as Nice
Shelby GT350R-Cs dominate the IMSA Grand Sport opener at Daytona
By Steve Turner

Two GT350R-C racing teams began the season with a strong start in the first IMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Grand Sport race of 2016. This was the first time the Shelby GT350R-C raced at Daytona International Speedway, as the Shelbys hit the track when the 2015 season was in progress. This race also marked the debut of the privateer Compass360 team running the number 76 Shelby it purchased from Ford Performance.
Continue reading →

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Looks like the cars have the standard GT350 front splitter instead of the R splitter. Must be some [new] aero rules banning the R splitter in the CTSC series. So I guess the larger splitter really does function in a meaningful way.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Since the #76 car was purchased through Ford Performance I wonder why their website stills says no specs, pricing or name information is available? I guess I must not need to know.

chuckstang

Established Member
Looks like the cars have the standard GT350 front splitter instead of the R splitter. Must be some [new] aero rules banning the R splitter in the CTSC series. So I guess the larger splitter really does function in a meaningful way.
Look again, those are the R version front splitters. You can tell because the R version on the side wings goes out beyond the front bumper while the standard GT350 splitter does not

Users who are viewing this thread