Shelby SS Wheel vs. Aloca?

Dandy

Established Member
I thought that the Alcoa wheels were discontinued, however I found this website:

Gloss Black Shelby Super Snake Wheel 20X10 05-2011

that has a set called the "Shelby Super Snake Wheel".

Is there a difference and does anyone know if these rims are limited to the size tire they will accept, like the Alcoas? I would like to be able to keep the stock size tires at the least, if not go a little wider in the rear.

Thanks

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It is the same wheel. Some places call it Super Snake because that is the model Shelby the came on. Looking at those prices, I'm glad I bought mine when I did.

Last edited:

2nd2none

Established Member
same wheel. supposedly Cruizin Concepts bought out the remaining supply on those rims and raised the price

Dandy

Established Member
Oh, I thought that it was a good deal. Now I see that is the price for one rim...

Looks like I'm not getting those.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Gouging the market while they can.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
wow,799$...got mine at 494$ 2yrs ago(when plenty available),mind you they're not "glossy black" but that is a bit expensive imo..

The good people at Tasca sold me a set for the same price. I think I purchased the last full set. :) They arrive tomorrow. :pepper:

johnjon87

Established Member
wow,799$...got mine at 494$ 2yrs ago(when plenty available),mind you they're not "glossy black" but that is a bit expensive imo..

+1

Shelby just powder coated them black. I had a friend who bought the original wheels 2 years ago as well. Then bought the black ones to find out they were just powder coated lol. We still make fun of him for that one..good to know ill be able to sell these for more then I bought em for or at least break even! that doesn't seem to happen much with used parts

Users who are viewing this thread