Shelby Stolen

Fastfords

Established Member
My 2008 Whte/Blue coupe was stolen from my garage on Friday morning. I urge all who own one to take precautions so this does not happen to you. Burglars found the key in a drawer. In hindsight, I should have locked them up. I never thought it could happen......

ff500

Established Member
They broke into your house and found keys, or were the keys in the garage? did they steal anything else or was it just the car they wanted.

Fastfords

Established Member
Keys were in the house. I urge everyone here to leave the alarm on even in the garage and lock up or at the very least well hide the keys. I doubt they would have taken the car if they had not found the keys. Other small items taken, dvds, digital camera, and a new defective floor jack. The joke is on them, it did not work and I had not gotten time to return it yet.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I hope they dont find it and then I hope that your insurance takes care of you.
This makes me sick to even think about. Sorry bro

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
My 2008 Whte/Blue coupe was stolen from my garage on Friday morning. I urge all who own one to take precautions so this does not happen to you. Burglars found the key in a drawer. In hindsight, I should have locked them up. I never thought it could happen......

Good advice to everyone here. I will hide my keys for sure!
Sorry to hear about your loss!

ToddL

Established Member
Fastfords
Wow. I am really sorry to hear that. I saw another one (not mine) on Riggs and Arizona Ave Friday afternoon. I know of only one other white/blue in Chandler.

I don't know if you could give that as a lead to the police or not, but I believe I could go back and find where I saw it pull out from.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member

Must be someone you know. How would they know where to find your keys?
If it was legal I'd shoot them.
Sorry to hear that. My car has been vandalized three times. Some punk stole the Plastic Cobra emblems on the fenders.
Cool, Stealing $14.00 plastic leaving $900.00 worth of damage from using a screw driver or whatever to remove them.
Condo living sucks.
I've caught assholes rifling though cars here before.
I'm not the only one who's been jacked.
627s800s4vy9.jpg

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This is the second one that I have heard of being stolen. As far as the other one goes it was located near Cleveland, OH and the X-owner is still fighting with the insurance company. It was stolen almost a year ago. The check that the insurance company wanted to cut him left him about $18,000 upside down due to the ADM's and the current market value. If I remember right he paid about $67,000 for it.

-Jeff

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
This is the second one that I have heard of being stolen. As far as the other one goes it was located near Cleveland, OH and the X-owner is still fighting with the insurance company. It was stolen almost a year ago. The check that the insurance company wanted to cut him left him about $18,000 upside down due to the ADM's and the current market value. If I remember right he paid about $67,000 for it.

-Jeff

if this info is correct the ins company wanted to cut the check for 49k. you should be really close to getting a new coupe for that price otd today. paying the adm is not the ins companys problem. the ins should replace his car at todays prices though!

FiaCobra

Established Member
You need to post this information, along with the plate # and any other information (after market exhaust/rims/tires...etc) on every mustang board out there. Someone knows or has seen something. They found a guys stolen Bullitt one time because it was posted all over the net. I suggest you do the same.

As for the rest of us, good advice. I'll be locking my keys in the safe and i'll make it extra hard for them to remove it from the garage.

showme cobra

Banned
i feel for you, my 03 cobra was stolen 3 wks ago but it was recovered 2 1/2 days later-i gave up hope but the good lord smiled on me and they nailed the guy-he left acouple of cd's -yo gotti, cocaine music-total f;n crap, i hope he is getting t-bagged and the R KELLY TREATMENT

6-Speed

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your car. If you get your car back or purchase a new one, I would definitely advise getting a Lojack with early warning (or an equivalent system). I have the Lojack system in my car and it offers me some peace-of-mind.

Hope all turns out well for you.

CDW63

Established Member
Fastfords
Wow. I am really sorry to hear that. I saw another one (not mine) on Riggs and Arizona Ave Friday afternoon. I know of only one other white/blue in Chandler.

I don't know if you could give that as a lead to the police or not, but I believe I could go back and find where I saw it pull out from.

That was me:??:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
That sucks. Hope everything works out positive for you.

The check that the insurance company wanted to cut him left him about $18,000 upside down due to the ADM's and the current market value.
I don't know why anyone wouldn't get gap insurance if they're financing... ESPECIALLY when paying mark-ups. Cheap and easy.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Man that sucks. My dad's is sitting down stairs right now in the garage with the keys in it. Its a sad world when something isn't safe locked in your own house.

Users who are viewing this thread