She's not running right, please check in.

2tonOfun

Established Member
I get this miss or studder when under boost or hard excel, usually in second gear just after it's shifted and is pulling it's hardest, kind of like it's hitting a rev limiter. And if I back out of it or were to just roll into it, I don't have it.

I am about due for a fuel filter.
The plugs have about 30,000 miles on them.

If I were to suspect a C.O.P., how would I tell which one?

Thanks in advance for any and all of your advice guys. This is the first time in 50k miles that she has ever so much as hickuped.

help.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
I will be back in town this coming weekend for two weeks and can come by and take a look at her if you want me to.

2tonOfun

Established Member
heck yeah Stew, I always value your opinion and you're welcome under my hood any time. Thanks!

I will add also that it doesn't do it all the time. I got on it hard this morning getting on the freeway and it performed flawlessly.:shrug:

hillman

Established Member
i took my truck to ford when it was misfiring in boost since i didnt want to play swap the cop game. it cost me i think 70 bucks and it took them all of 15 minutes to tell me which cop it was. put a new one in and she runs like new.

2tonOfun

Established Member
i took my truck to ford when it was misfiring in boost since i didnt want to play swap the cop game. it cost me i think 70 bucks and it took them all of 15 minutes to tell me which cop it was. put a new one in and she runs like new.

That sounds good but my dealership is lame. They wanted me to leave the truck there all day to do the freakin cruise control recall.:nonono:

2tonOfun

Established Member
Frank, I got your PM. That is really cool of you. I don't want to waste your time. I do have a fuel filter at home on my work bench so I'll change that tonight and see how it goes. It does seem wierd that it doesn't do it all the time, leads me toward fuel.
I like how you can always count on a fellow L owner to come through when you need it. You guys are great!:beer:

jims2000lt

Established Member
If you use diablosport a predator will tell you which bank and which cylinder, I think. Not sure on cylinder detection or not.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I'd suggest changing the fuel filter every oil change, they clog/fill up very easily in our app. It's cheap insurance, so why not. Make sure you are using the larger Navigator filter too, that helps, FFS

2tonOfun

Established Member
Yeah I have an SCT chip tunned by RET. I have no handheld tunner or code reader.
I am going to change my fuel filter tonight. It seems like, if it were plug/COP related that it would do it all the time:shrug:

Fuel filter is easy. I'll start there.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Well, I changed the fuel filter and took her out for a few pulls on the freeway on ramps.
It still does it. Not all the time and maybe not as bad.
Maybe the thing just needs a little tune up.
Hey Stew, I think I have to go to a wedding Saturday but I'll call you on Sunday to see if your not busy and I'll bring it by for you to drive and see what you think.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Hey, just an update.
Redbolt99 stopped by today and it was his idea to clean my maf and IAC, so we did that and she seems to be running good again. We took her out for a few pulls on pch and I-5 and although it may have felt like a slow pig compaired to his beast, it ran well.
Thanks so much for taking the time out to come by and help out and bull shit a while.
And Stew thank you for once again offering to help me. This forum is full of good guys.
I do have my plugs and will still have to change em.

:thumbsup:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
Any time Im in town brother! I got to swing by and see ya....its been a while

Users who are viewing this thread