Shift boot replacement?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Finally decided to spend money on one and I got it in the other day, I have no idea how to install it (I havent been able to get into my car to look at the factory one because of the damn snow keeping it closed)

any tips are welcomed :beer:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I haven't looked at mine in a long time but I think it's the same melted plastic tab and metal retainer ring going on like whats in the center console. RedlineGoods has some installation instructions on their site for it.

Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Not sure how crazy I am about their gluing method though. I used velcro on my center console boot from them. Sounds ghetto but it works fantastically and you'd never ever notice it was there unless you took the console out and looked how it was attached.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
IIRC you are right on how the boot is held on Tabres. I like your way around using glue to hold it together:beer:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
thanks so much for that link, now I may have to buy an ebrake boot as well, mine is falling apart, POS rubber

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
just read it again, little confused on how they say to zip tie it?

I think the tan ebrake boot would go well matching the saddle in our cars, although I may go with black just to keep the 2-tone theme going

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I haven't looked at mine in a long time but I think it's the same melted plastic tab and metal retainer ring going on like whats in the center console. RedlineGoods has some installation instructions on their site for it.

Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Not sure how crazy I am about their gluing method though. I used velcro on my center console boot from them. Sounds ghetto but it works fantastically and you'd never ever notice it was there unless you took the console out and looked how it was attached.

+ 1 I went the 3M tape way - it worked OK. From time to time I have to redo a spot but it sure as hell beats the old boot. I don't even notice the new ones anymore.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
For a few pointers on the E-Brake boot install, look here ...

Emergency Brake Handle Boot

bboot7.jpg

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
Hey guys, if you're getting the ebrake boot, or have one already is there any way I can get the dimensions from you? I'd really like to make my own. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread