Shift boot

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
https://www.redlinegoods.com/

I have not ordered there myself but I’m more than likely getting a few things from them this summer.....

That's great. I have been looking for place to make custom shift boot. Thanks!

EDIT: I just took pics of my shift boot and sent off to them to see if they can make one for me!

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
why would you send it off to them? They already have the templates. That said, I will never order from them again. terrible customer service. they screwed me on my first ebrake boot. They had the pattern inside out so when I received my boot it wouldn't fit correctly. I showed them how it mounted then turned it inside out and showed them the correct orientation. They insisted I was wrong even though I showed them pictures. They ended up "correcting" the situation by making a generic ebrake boot that now bunches up. I ended up making my own. Also, they gave me bad directions for the steering wheel cover. I had purchased a second hand steering wheel from a GT. They told me to remove the factory foam before installing their foam. If I had done that, the steering wheel cover would have been loose. Again they argued I had installed it incorrectly until I showed them photos. They stopped replying after that.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
why would you send it off to them? They already have the templates. That said, I will never order from them again. terrible customer service. they screwed me on my first ebrake boot. ......

LOL, I sent off some PICS, not the boot itself. As you can see from one of those pics (below), the boot has seen better days. The part that wraps around the shift handle is deteriorated. I'd actually like to find a boot that had a nicer grommet.

That's disappointing to hear about the service & quality. They have tons and tons of pics showing their work installed. It all looks pretty good. Sorry to hear yours got all screwed up. Thanks for the warning. I will buy something 'standard' so that no (or minimal) customization is required.

shiftboot22.jpg

keith89

Established Member
LOL, I sent off some PICS, not the boot itself. As you can see from one of those pics (below), the boot has seen better days. The part that wraps around the shift handle is deteriorated. I'd actually like to find a boot that had a nicer grommet.

That's disappointing to hear about the service & quality. They have tons and tons of pics showing their work installed. It all looks pretty good. Sorry to hear yours got all screwed up. Thanks for the warning. I will buy something 'standard' so that no (or minimal) customization is required.

View attachment 1480169

That's what was so surprising about what I received. I saw lots of pictures of their work. The responses I received were definitely a huge turnoff. I am picking up my own sewing machine this weekend since I need to do some motorcycle seats as well. The steering wheel turned out great but I had to figure it out for myself and not follow their instructions.

Soap

Established Member
Just go to your local automotive interior place and have them do it. I had one made for my car this winter, very happy with it.

--Joe

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Just go to your local automotive interior place and have them do it. I had one made for my car this winter, very happy with it.

--Joe

Yeah, that's a great idea. I actually have a spare set of Roush seat covers, so there is probably a little extra material that could be used to make a boot that exactly matches colors and texture of existing seats. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread