Shift kit and Meth kit questions!!

BlkThunderbolt

Established Member
Thinking about a shift kit for my new truck. Anyone have any past experiences with them or if its worth getting? Also upgrading truck to run about 12-14psi with JLT CAI. Thinking about running a meth kit but wasnt sure if its worth it since I drvie it everyday....:rockon:

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Factory Tech, Punisher, or JJ Woodbine are going to be the more popular units. Definitely a great bang for you buck for the seat of the pants factor.

I personally don't have much experience with Meth kits due to the fact I opted for a twin screw for more power. However, I do know a few that have run them and have been happy with them. I personally would opt for a small NX wet spray kit (w/tune) instead but maybe some others will chime in on their feedback.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Punisher valve body all the way!!! It is the single best thing you can do for the trans' longevity other than adding a super duty trans cooler to keep temsp down.

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
I have meth on my truck and it is nice. I use it primarily as a safety net on a conservative tune. I run a 50/50 mix which helps cool IAT2 temps a bit and allows for more timing in the tune. Over all its a good investment.

As for the shift kit I have a never used punisher VB that I got through a trade that I dont need. PM me if you want to buy it

Users who are viewing this thread