Shift Kit

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
I wouldn't touch it. Since you are taking out the valve body (accumulator ) anyway, just contact Paul who makes the punisher valve bodies from mild to full race and do it right. Line mods are a bad idea and usually will side load making a let off shift hammer the drive train. There are others who make modified valve bodies just do some research.

I have a punisher in my truck and love it, probably the best mod I ever did.

SVTRick

SVTRick
Established Member
I am looking at a Lightning with one already installed ,it also has a mild tune by Troyer. I not looking at this as a performance up-grade. I am looking at this as a week-end cruiser more than anything. I've always liked the Lightning before I had my 93 Cobra. I don't plan on beating on the truck. I'm asking, should I be leary of it for my needs. I can always up-grade later .

Robert Francis

Established Member
Years ago Mike Troyer had a high reputation in the Lightning community for his tunes. As far as the modified line valve goes, JDM put one out way back in about 2001-2 before others started selling the modified valve bodies, and many purchased them and like them. I'd guess Troyers might be similar in design and intent.

Users who are viewing this thread