Shift light mounting point?

DMotorsports

Established Member
So where does everyone have their shift light mounted? The A-pillar seems like an obvious place to me, just wondered what others had done. Pics would be great.

I was planning on mounting a 5" cobra jet tach with shift light, but I don't want to drill holes in my dash. Plus, it looks like a replacement dash would be nearly impossible to find. I can't even find a regular gt dash. So, shift light it is!

Bulldogger

Established Member
Maybe this is stupid by why not just use the up shift light that comes in the car?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Maybe this is stupid by why not just use the up shift light that comes in the car?
6000 RPM limit and it's not that bright

This was mine on m 06GT - Have not put one in the Shelby yet

raptorlightpa5.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member

No one likes to look at their dash when trapping 120+ mph. And if its bright out, you can see it any ways

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Check out the G-tech pro tach with the 3 stage shift light. It's similiar in size to the Cobra Jet tach but you can order it with a suction cup mount that attachs to your windshield and holds it just above your dash. I have had mine for three years and it works great. I have the wideband option and it displays on the screen with the tach. It plugs into your OBII port and will data log your choice of parameters. Sweet piece that I would highly recommend.

Bulldogger

Established Member
No one likes to look at their dash when trapping 120+ mph. And if its bright out, you can see it any ways
Mine glows orange and is pretty bright, defenitly see it glow peripherally. Didn't know it can't be set past 6000 rpm though

DMotorsports

Established Member
Check out the G-tech pro tach with the 3 stage shift light. It's similiar in size to the Cobra Jet tach but you can order it with a suction cup mount that attachs to your windshield and holds it just above your dash. I have had mine for three years and it works great. I have the wideband option and it displays on the screen with the tach. It plugs into your OBII port and will data log your choice of parameters. Sweet piece that I would highly recommend.

Definitely interested in this. Thanks. :beer: Do you use the windshield mount?

2kmelat

Established Member
I have mine on the piller just the right angle that it shines right into your eyes. Raptor shift lite

Users who are viewing this thread