shift points

KCRN12

Established Member
our tachs are off on rpms...mine is off by 300 rpms at 7k..i usually shift at 7500 on my tach which is really 7200

I can agree with that. When I got the car dyno tuned, I asked them to set the redline at 7000 (the car was originally a GT, so it had to be changed). I was a little upset cause he insisted that it was pointless, due to the power drop off, so I said "well the cobras are 7000 from the factory and that's what I want." He basically refused to do it, acting like I was a total moron and he was the almighty dyno tuner. He only set it at 6500, but even though that's where it's set, it bumps the rev limiter when the tach hits about 6050rpm. Just BARELY over 6000. And it does feel like car wants to keep pulling. I also wish it was higher, due to 3rd gear being so sluggish. I wish it was higher in the rpm after the shift. I guess I could change it with my handheld. I just don't have a lot of experience with tuning and didn't wanna screw something up with the tune.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I can agree with that. When I got the car dyno tuned, I asked them to set the redline at 7000 (the car was originally a GT, so it had to be changed). I was a little upset cause he insisted that it was pointless, due to the power drop off, so I said "well the cobras are 7000 from the factory and that's what I want." He basically refused to do it, acting like I was a total moron and he was the almighty dyno tuner. He only set it at 6500, but even though that's where it's set, it bumps the rev limiter when the tach hits about 6050rpm. Just BARELY over 6000. And it does feel like car wants to keep pulling. I also wish it was higher, due to 3rd gear being so sluggish. I wish it was higher in the rpm after the shift. I guess I could change it with my handheld. I just don't have a lot of experience with tuning and didn't wanna screw something up with the tune.

You should be able to bump your rev limiter with your handheld and not affect anything else in the tune. I'd set it for at LEAST 7000.

4valved

Banned

if you have a sct i could help you change the rev limiter its pretty easy without deleting your tune... 6050 is way way way to low for these cars at the very minimum you want 6800.

Users who are viewing this thread