shifter position

genoapb

Established Member
I tried using the search function but did not find the answer I was looking for. I want to find out if there is a shifter thats adjusted further back towards the driver because the stock postion is way too far forward for me. I would like it moved a few inches back maybe even 6". Does anyone know of a shifter like this? Thanks

genoapb

Established Member
Does anyone have a pic of the stock shifter position vs the mgw. Because I think I might already have an aftermarket shifter installed. I can feel two bolts under the boot holding the shift lever on. Would the stock shifter have bolts like that?

68Stang

I got your Zoom Zoom
Established Member
Yes, it would. Just pull the knob off the shifter and then pull the boot/bezel off the shifter. Takes 10 seconds and you'll know instantly if its stock or not.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
you could build a really long handle pretty easily, but it probably wouldn't be very stable, it would be ugly as hell, and im not sure how easily you could bang gears with it.

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
MGW all the way.. Im a pro 5.0 guy myself but have a mgw in my other cobra and it does sit back alittle more than stock...

Users who are viewing this thread