Shifter Relocation Plate

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Damn..this is exactly what I need..it is the one thing that makes me dislike the Cobra..the damn sitting up to shift gears..I can never get comfortable in the freaking car.

So do you have to the shifter completely out to install? Or can you just take off the handle and install while in the car?

Either way..I will be ordering one soon enough!

Great idea!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
BADASS03SVT said:
would you guys recommend another peice of Bob's gasket to go between the new parts?
What is going there now? If nothing (metal on metal) then it would be interesting to see what adding one piece does as far as helping to quiet the shifter.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
CobraBob said:
What is going there now? If nothing (metal on metal) then it would be interesting to see what adding one piece does as far as helping to quiet the shifter.

bob..right now i have the pro 5.0 with your gasket set. so im guessing with the new plate i would need another piece for in between the plate and the handle right? or.....did i get 2 of those small ones in t he kit? i forget...

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
would you guys recommend another peice of Bob's gasket to go between the new parts?

I'k pretty sure Bob send's 2 i only used 1 though on the base to adapter...none for the handle to adapter..i think it's overkill IMO but you could do it.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Damn..this is exactly what I need..it is the one thing that makes me dislike the Cobra..the damn sitting up to shift gears..I can never get comfortable in the freaking car.

So do you have to the shifter completely out to install? Or can you just take off the handle and install while in the car?

Either way..I will be ordering one soon enough!

Great idea!

All you have to do is unbolt the handle..that's it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
BLWN03 said:
I'k pretty sure Bob send's 2 i only used 1 though on the base to adapter...none for the handle to adapter..i think it's overkill IMO but you could do it.

sending moola now bro...thanks!

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
sending moola now bro...thanks!

No prob...sending out a bunch on friday yours included..please let everyone know how you like it once you get it installed.

Jay

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
BLWN03 said:
No prob...sending out a bunch on friday yours included..please let everyone know how you like it once you get it installed.

Jay

u bet bro!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
BADASS03SVT said:
bob..right now i have the pro 5.0 with your gasket set. so im guessing with the new plate i would need another piece for in between the plate and the handle right? or.....did i get 2 of those small ones in t he kit? i forget...
My kit includes 2 shifter handle gaskets. Just in case the buyer wants to double up.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Secesh said:
That's how mine is installed as well. Helps a bit with the 5/6/R reach. I don't have any rattles. What shifter are you using?

It's the stock shifter. I bought this plate to use until I buy one of George's shifters. I'm not sure what is hitting what, but if I lift the boot plate just the slightest bit, it goes away. I'm not going to worry about it. Just turn the radio up or put the top down!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
By the way, for those interested I will be offering a March Promotion on my gasket sets. The T-56 set (regular price $6.00) will be discounted to $5.00. The Tr-3650, T-5 and T-45 sets (regular price $7.50) will be discounted to $6.50. The sale will run from February 26th through March 31st.
CobraBob's Stang Shifter Gaskets

Users who are viewing this thread