shifter vibration!!!

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I don't know if this has been going on for awhile or it just started. Maybe it was there from the beginning of the install. Upon heavy acceleration I've noticed that my steeda shifter vibrates quite a bit. It, of course, is a lot louder at higher rpm's. I've checked the two bolts for the handle and they are tight. I've been too lazy to check the four bolts that attach to the tranny!:rollseyes I can hold the handle tight and the vibration will be minimal. Tell me if I]m just being paranoid cause I'm thinking that vibration has been there all along.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I've always noticed what you are describing on my stock shifter but once I got the pro 5.0 it went away. You may want to make sure that your stop bolts are adjusted properly... The noise you are describing may be normal if you didn't place the stock rubber boot back over your new shifter...

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I've always noticed what you are describing on my stock shifter but once I got the pro 5.0 it went away. You may want to make sure that your stop bolts are adjusted properly... The noise you are describing may be normal if you didn't place the stock rubber boot back over your new shifter...

The rubber boot is still there

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I took mine for a long ride this morning and felt the shifter and in NO way did it vibrate. Acceleration makes only a slight increase in noise so I have no idea what it could be other than the shifter if that helps. Might want to switch back to stock and see if it goes away.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
its only under heavy acceleration at high rpm's. Does anyone elses vibrate under the same acceleration??????

Greg Anderson

Established Member
Originally posted by golfprowanabe
its only under heavy acceleration at high rpm's. Does anyone elses vibrate under the same acceleration??????

Mine does the exact same thing at high rpms! Sounds almost like I am trying to take it out of gear. Everything is tight on my shifter so I am not going to worry about it.

Greg

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Originally posted by Greg Anderson
Mine does the exact same thing at high rpms! Sounds almost like I am trying to take it out of gear. Everything is tight on my shifter so I am not going to worry about it.

Greg

I guess it's nice to know that there are others!:rollseyes I don't think it's a problem either. Anyone else have this?

SDAVIS

Established Member
Hey guys, I had the same problem with my Pro 5.0 after it was installed. A neighbor gave me a small (1" wide x 3" long) piece of fire retardant material (fabric), we installed it between the shifter handle and the shifter lever, running the bolts thru it. No more noise !!!! Try it, it was easy.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
It could either be the stop bolts or the shifter boot. I had the vibe in Third gear when I tried to put the rubber boot back on the Pro 5.0. It turns out that the rubber was being caught between the shifter handle and the stop bolt, which caused it to vibrate. I removed the rubber boot and the vibe went away. It's like it doesn't engage all the way. If you put the car in third gear while driving and put some pressure on the shifter down towards fourth, not enough to disengage it, you should notice some vibe. That's what I was getting.

Users who are viewing this thread