Shifter...where to buy??

rpurdy3523

Established Member
Hey guys...
After driving my buddy's ZO6 with a new Hurst shifter I have decided to replace the stock shifter in my Cobra as my first project since returning from Iraq. Who has the best aftermarket shifter, the best price, and how hard is the install on a scale of 1 to 10? A military discount would be cool as well:-D Thanks in advance for the help

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Going to get lots of opinions here. Probably the most popular two are Pro 5.0 and Steeda Tri-Ax. I have the Tri-ax and love it. There are quite a few other options too. UPR Blue Thunder, Hurst are a couple and I'm sure I'm missing some. Lots of people also add the MGW adjustable handle - I'm thinking about that addition myself.

Price-wise, I'd definitely do some surfing the web. Don't forget that by buying this car you're automatically a SVTOA member and quite a few places offer a discount for that. I haven't found any military discounts, but I always ask. Look to spend any where from about $125 to just shy of $200 depending on your selection.

Install was an absolute breeze - definitely do it yourself.

Welcome back and enjoy your ride!
:beer:

FLY NAVY!

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I can tell you one thing. Stay the **** away from RPMOUTLET their customer service sucks.

I have the Pro-50 in my car. I love it. My buddy has the Amazon Racing T56 shifter and his shifts awesome as well. Ive also heard good things about the triax as well.

Your choice.

Welcome back from the sandbox. Im in the airforce, I will probably be visiting the sandbox as well here soon.

RIP to those who didnt make it home:??:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread