Shifters: opinion from folks who've lived with them for abit now

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
many track passes, 15 months and 14000 miles on my PRO 5.0/MGW combo. I would buy it all over again. Many more pics in the sig albums.

fd545f17.jpg

03redfiresnake

Established Member
I'm with varoom, put the tri ax handle on your pro 5.0 with the stock knob on. it will change the angle of the knob for best shifting. I never miss gears anymore !!:beer:

JymBart

Established Member
Pro 5.0 MGW Handle

Pro 5.0 , MGW handle, stock shift knob ,.......... quality,. smooth as glass , . quite as stock. I`ve had the Pro 5.0 on my `03 Cobra for about 7 months, and about 4 years on my`94 Cobra.

JymBart

Established Member
BillyMac72

BillyMac72

The Pro 5.0 Handle is the same for the `03`s as it was for my `94 Cobra. I felt the stock 5.0 Handle was too short for the `03 Cobra, ....... I installed the MGW Handle, .. longer handle than the stock Pro 5.0 and you can adjust it to any angle you want. The MGW handle is high quality all the way, as you know it`s a shame the shifter and handle get covered by the shift boot.

JymBart

BenD

Established Member
About the 5.0 Shifter

Note to "Mowgli." I have the 5.0 shifter in my '03 Cobra for about 7 months now. Until that time I was missing 3rd gear consistently, usually at the most inopportune time, ie, on the strip ocassionally. Since I mostly track race I am not particularly happy with it down shifting into 3rd. As far as drag racing I never missed 3rd gear again and did so for the first time Thursday when I was demonstrating my car to a fellow '03 owner "Sambandit."

I'm not sure when down shifting in track events that it is the shifter, possibly something else, that's yet to be determined. Over all it seems to be a great drag racing shifter, a little noisy, but 100% better than the old archaic Ford shifter that the Company seems to be in love with!

torchred03

Established Member
I've had my PRO 5.0 for over a year and I absolutly love it. I have a Leather 00R ball on it and IMHO it's the best combo out there. So that is my $.02 worth. Hope this helps.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I had the pro 5.0 on my 00GT and it didnt make any noise at all. It was pretty good shifter. I think with 03 I am gonna try the Kirban. I hear its shifts pretty smooth.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I just put my tri-ax on with the tri-ax handle and polished aluminum shifter ball and really love it......Throw is shortened up a TON can really bang the gears now!!!! I got my tri-ax brand new never open on ebay for $160 shipped!!

Users who are viewing this thread