shim a true trac

DOHCTER

Shop Smart.. Shop S-Mart
Established Member
edit: i tried it with .010 shims and it ended up being too tight, running shimless now.

Last edited:

DV19

Established Member
When my needed rebuilding I had an extra plates installed in the clutch pack and that seemed to tightened up the diff a good bit. For the price of a couple extra disks I think it's worth it...

HTH

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
When my needed rebuilding I had an extra plates installed in the clutch pack and that seemed to tightened up the diff a good bit. For the price of a couple extra disks I think it's worth it...

HTH

A Detroit True Trac
ct_126000.jpg

Are you sure you are talking about shimming a Detroit True Trac? and not a Ford Traction Lock?

OP I am not liking this shimming idea much and I have doubts if it will be very effective.

But if it is, I would love to hear how you verified that it was an improvement and also how you pulled it off.

DV19

Established Member
I appogize as I completely answered this thread incorrectly in my eagerness to be of some assistance :loser: I was in fact talking about the Ford Trac-lock.

All mistakes aside, we did also try the Detroit Tru-track but found it didn't suit our application we then went to the Eaton LSD with carbon-plates and are very happy with performance and service. The LSD has province to be "tunable" with different shim materials and springs...

Sorry again for the screw-up...

Users who are viewing this thread