shipping & payment question.

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
This might be the :wf: for this question, but here it is : What is the best way to figure shipping cost? Is there a good web site? Also, how do you collect the money for the item you just shipped to someone. I posted a few items I'd like to sell on this forum, but I am having trouble figuring the shipping cost for them. I used UPS web site and for two 17x9 rims they wanted to charge me $400 for shipping. I know that can't be right. Any help would be great. Thanks, Jaime. ( If this is the wrong forum for this question, then give me direction.) :bash:

Last edited:

Floof

McDoof
Established Member
I just go into a UPS, FedEx, or DHL store, or if it's a big package, Yellow Freight, and ask them how much it would be to ship the item. To collect payment, just tack the shipping price onto your for sale price.

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
As far as the payment question, how do I collect. I ship the item then hope the person sends payment once the receive the item? or expect payment before I ship? There should be a third party involed I guess? Any help. Thanks.

crizzut

Established Member
you can have them send you payment, paypal personal check money order etc. if its a personal check wait for it to clear, other than that when you hae payment in hand send the item. Or you can always send it COD

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
crizzut said:
you can have them send you payment, paypal personal check money order etc. if its a personal check wait for it to clear, other than that when you hae payment in hand send the item. Or you can always send it COD

So this is how business is done here? I don't send anything out to the buyer until I receive payment? I feel a little more at ease about selling here then. Could I get a back-up response form a "moderator"? Thanks crizzut, that helps alot. Also, I called the UPS store and they gave me a quote over the phone today. Shipping sounds pretty easy as well. Thanks for everyones help, Jaime. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
It is between you and the seller how you decide on payment. There are no 'requirements'. Most sellers require payment first, however.

It works just like ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread