Shipping Wheels

pauwelsc

Established Member
Who is the cheapest when shipping a set of wheels? Do you package them all separately in four boxes or a combination of some sort? Also, will I be able to craft a box down into a custom fix for each wheel or do I have to buy a specific size?
Any and all input is much appreciated.
Thanks guys

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Who is the cheapest when shipping a set of wheels? Do you package them all separately in four boxes or a combination of some sort? Also, will I be able to craft a box down into a custom fix for each wheel or do I have to buy a specific size?
Any and all input is much appreciated.
Thanks guys

I work for ups, the cheapest way is to do craiglist local pickup to be honest but I have heard the cheapest is grayhound, if you want insurance I would go with us (ups ) or fedex though, so there safe and insured, if you want safety box them, but to save money, strap 2 and 2 together sending them seperate 1 by 1 is usually $20-$60+ per tire or more. so if you have 4 rims thats $20-60+ x 4 rims = $80-$240+, now i save people money because strapping them 2 and 2 together and shrink wrapping them, it cost usually $30-50+ per 2 tires, so usually it saves alot of money and time, finding a box for rims is hard, cause rims can be big bulky and heavy, and larger packages get hit with " large package surcharge" and every time I ship rims for guys only way to save money is strap 2 and 2 ( 2 sets of 2 rims strapped) cause every time i price quote by themselves or in boxes, by the time u factor in boxes( if u have to pay for them or for us to make a custom box etc) tape packing time, shipping its always more esp in a box there heavy and bulky bigger so cost more to ship dimensional wise.

so save urself money strap them and tape and shrink wrap them make sure they are protected put insurance on them pay the " irregular " fee of $10 for not being in a box, and in the long run u wil save money and dont need to buy or find a box :beer:

Just bring them down to ur local Ups store and they will do it all for you :)

Since ive done it a bunch of times for 6 years now, they usually are going far like tx,calie, far from me when I ship them for people so your prob looking @ $100+ easily to ship them .etc.

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
mustangmanjeff-how much extra is it if I bring the set of wheels (no tires) to UPS and let them handle the shipping preparation?

well the

"irregular charge will be aded if nto in a box included in the shipping price the charge is usually $10.00 per tire / per set so do 2 sets of 2 = $20.00 etc. go to ur local ups store. we can add carboard strap them tape / shrink wrap for another $10 pet set or so.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
i just shipped a set of true forged 18x11's and 18x9's with 275's on the narrow rims and 335's on the wide rims from illinois to maryland through fedex and it was only 145 for ground service.

Users who are viewing this thread