Shit Detail - Time to clean up the yard!!!

03 red vert

Well, it is the morning of Saturday, March 10 and this is a friendly reminder to the dog owners; today is a good day to pick up the dog shit in your backyard.

We have endured some quality winter storms and cold weather since Christmas. Therefore, unless you have been diligent in the yard clean up department or your little pooch has been making dessert of the left overs out back, well, then there is a project waiting for you. You don't think so, well stick your head out the patio door, look around and take a deep breathe. MMMM, the wonderful scent is not your dinner calling.... And with such beautiful weather out this morning, why not...

Items for you to remember; wear older clothing/shoes or snow boots, your favorite shit scooper and black 30 gallon, plastic lawn bags. I prefer the longer trigger shit scooper as compared to the small shovel version as there is less bending up and down. Also, black lawn backs can hold more shit and endure bad weather better than your grocery bags. Paper lawn bags will get wet in this weather and you will be literally up shits creek if the bag breaks on the morning of garbage day. Finally, bring out a portable radio and a drink (even a beer) - why not as you will be out there for a good long while. I am simply amazed with how much shit a black lab and a **** a poo can produce.

A refresher of the method, start at one end of the yard and work across to the other (horizontal, east/west). When compete, walk vertical (north/south) as you will pick up straggling shit, which I can assure there will be some. Your overall path would be that of a checker board. Now, let's not become obsessive compulsive about left over residue, i.e., focus on the meat and potatoes. On the flip side, there is no sense doing a half ass job or quitting early, especially when your partner is anal in the inspection department. Simiply give the yard a good cleanup...

Oh, before I forget, if you have been missing any personal items, wife's/girlfriend's bra or undies, boyfriend's/husband's favorite pair of boxers, maybe even that nice $700 Movado watch, well chances are you are going to find it today.

Very important!!!! Upon completion, take off your shoes/boots outside and immediately wash your hands. Sick bastard, that stuff on your hands is not a condiment for your sandwich at lunch.

2003 Silver

Banned
I ususally do it when it's still cold enough that they are still frozen...once thawed they stink like shiat!!! Too much snow still on the ground so it appears that my spring will STINK for sure.:cuss:

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
Now this is a man that obviously thinks about what he is doing before he does it....then puts it down with pen an paper...scales it off...measures twice and cuts once......great post man!!!!

oh yea...just curious.....do you take the same approach when you and the little lady make the monster with two backs? HA HA HA!!!!!

03 red vert

99boltsvt said:
Now this is a man that obviously thinks about what he is doing before he does it....then puts it down with pen an paper...scales it off...measures twice and cuts once......great post man!!!!

oh yea...just curious.....do you take the same approach when you and the little lady make the monster with two backs? HA HA HA!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, but the deal is, I figured since I was already out there picking up the yard, why not craft a brief article to lighten everyone's day.

Glad you enjoyed it...

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
run em over with the lawn mower. nicely written detailed "how-to" on gathering the poo-poo:thumbsup:

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
I can honestly say...as far as lists on picking up dog shit goes....This one right here is the (man I hate to do this)....it's the shit!

Users who are viewing this thread