SHO vs. Firebird

Sho_up

Established Member
I've go no experience with any racing at all and my friend just got a 97 firebird with 100k on it. I'm guessing he'll wanna race so what would happen. No mods to either car. Oh and my SHO has got about 110k on it.
Thanks

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
More info is needed.

Are you ATX or MTX? Are You stock?

Always go from a roll, our strong point

ATX - You can put up a fight, but if your stock, and he's the LT1, he will probably slowly pull on you even from a roll.

MTX - From a roll with a stock LT1 believe or not you will stay right next to him (from my experience with a Z28 LT1), and some other SHO gurus claim to pull away from them.

Sho_up

Established Member
Ok well first of all i'm stock and its an MTX his car is a v6 auto so i'm guessing from a roll i should take hime easily if a sho will stick with a Z28 What about from a stop?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
LOL if he has a V6 You will/should be him even from a stop. From a roll, laugh as he gets beat buy a 'taurus'.

Vs a Z28 from a stop, he will whoop you. From a roll, dead even to SHO pulls.

Sho_up

Established Member
Just thought i would share this with all of you. Today i was riding with my friend in his Probe SE (completely stock other than a huge fartcan) and he and one of my other friend were talking about if my SHO and his probe raced how it would "probably be pretty close" I just laughed but didn't really say nething else I don't think i'll even waste my time racing him tho haha

96lt1

Established Member
i have a 96 Firebird Trans Am Lt1 (hence my screen name) ATX and no matter if its a roll or a stop or a head start it spanks my SHO every time. dont get me wrong, i luv my SHO just as much as my TA but they r in 2 totally different worlds as far as stock trim goes.

btw, this is my first time posting here, cool site.

Sean

creina

Established Member
Back in the day when I was stupid and raced my car on the street like a dumbass, I had a run in with a white LT-1 Z28. I know the exhaust was modified but I'm not sure about anything else. The race started with me in third gear and him directly behind me on an on ramp to a highway. One we got on the highway, I floored it only to see him gradually gain on me further and further. My car was an MTX and was stock under the hood. It had just had the 60k done so it was fresh. I don't think you would stand a chance against the Z28 and I don't believe anyone who says they've pulled on an LT-1 in a stock SHO. However, since you do intend on street racing this guy and it is a V6 Firebird, might as well do it in reverse. It migth actually be challengeing for you.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
LT1 does NOT pull on the SHO from a roll, if it does its very slim, In my experience I raced what sounded like a A4 LT1 Z28 and he didn't pull anything on my 90 SHO.

Users who are viewing this thread