shock/strut setup help.

Angry50

Established Member
i am looking at upgrading my shocks and struts. i am currently on eibach sport line springs. I want something that will do well at the strip and good for daily driving. currently i am looking at the QA1 Stocker single adjustable rear shocks and the strange adjustable front struts as well as going with gt500 upper mounts. if anyone can give me any thoughts or ideas about this as i am a newb about suspension.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I heard Kelly from BMR mention shocks & struts are not really benicitial on an auto till you get in the 1.4 60' range.
I agree... I have stockers and pull 1.54's & should be heading into the 1.4's soon.
If your car doesn't hook, it's probably the tires or springs...

Kyle55

Established Member
Go bmr lowering springs and strange shocks and struts for a daily. If ur real serious about the strip get viking shocks and some drag springs with the strange struts.

Angry50

Established Member
I like the look of it now. i just want to get better shocks and struts because i feel the stock ones don't operate well with the lower springs. but i would like to take it the track a couple times a year. so looking for comfort/ decent track ability, that's why i was thinking the adjustable would be good. i was looking at the viking doubles but thought they might be overkill for me but i do plan on eventually going with a V3 or some sort of FI.

Angry50

Established Member
i actually see JPC racing has the viking double adjustable shocks for a decent price. i would think being adjustable just be a matter of dialing it in. guess you just have to go by feel or would there be a guide?

Kyle55

Established Member
i have heard the vikings tend to be a little bouncier than the strange shocks for a daily. I would go with strange shocks and struts or tokico d specs which u can use for autocross and occasional drag

Angry50

Established Member
i have heard the vikings tend to be a little bouncier than the strange shocks for a daily. I would go with strange shocks and struts or tokico d specs which u can use for autocross and occasional drag

even with the double adjustable? think they would be bouncer than the stock shocks?

scotmach

Established Member
I run the strange adjustable shocks. I believe Kelly @ BMR hasn't stated in the past they work just fine on the autos. It's the manual guys that would benefit from the Viking double adjustables.

Users who are viewing this thread