Shocks, Struts and DS

MattR

Established Member
Lowered my 2011 and noticed I have one rear shock leaking. What's a good replacement set for a 99% Street car? QA1?

Also looking into a drive shaft, dynotech really seems to have their stuff together. Reallthe just need to find the best price unless anyone can offer a reason to look at another brand.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
you may want to consider using the oem driveshaft out of a 2013/14 gt500. i think its the best option out there, it may be a little pricey but for 2 cv joints and a carbon fiber ds, its worth the extra expense
you will need either an adapter or a flange to make it work

MattR

Established Member
I'm a little old fashion I guess, aluminum is what I want.
For shocks I seen several people happy with the Viking double adjustable. For fronts I'm still looking. I see strange single adjustable talked about a couple times.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
For street struts, Koni Sports (Yellows), adjustable with a life-time guaranty.

MattR

Established Member
I assumed the Koni yellow were more of an auto x part? Can they give a decent ride on the street? The smoothest road in michigan this year is about the same as a southern states worst road.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
They can be, but when you put them on their softer ranges it's fine for street.

shelby2

Established Member
Go with the Dynotech drive shaft love it and love it. It's like a piece of art, very well made fit and finish was superb. Leathel had a great price with discount. This weekend is the same for Memorial Day. You won't be sorry, love the track pack suspension ford racing has with the adjustable struts. Got last year and if I knew how good it was, would have had it installed when I bought my car on day 1. Yews, that good

MattR

Established Member
Drive shaft is on the way. Leathal has 10% off this weekend. Went with the Dynotech, lighter than factory carbon and I don't need to worry about it getting damaged by road debris.

Users who are viewing this thread