Shocks?

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
Since I'm tired of all the 4x4 comments thrown my way, one of the projects this winter is to FINALLY lower the car. I already have Eibach prokit springs and poly iso's but I want to do this once and will replace the struts and shocks while I'm down there. I am looking at either KYB GR-2 or Tokico HP Blues. Does anyone have any pros or cons for either?

many thanks!!!

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I just bought the Tokico Kit for my wife's 2000 GT. It included the Tokico Struts, shocks and springs. I am finally installing them this weekend since her C/C plates finally arrived. I put a couple of sets on some friends cars and they love the way it handles now. YOu can't go wrong with Tokicos.

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Karnick_GT said:
Since I'm tired of all the 4x4 comments thrown my way, one of the projects this winter is to FINALLY lower the car. I already have Eibach prokit springs and poly iso's but I want to do this once and will replace the struts and shocks while I'm down there. I am looking at either KYB GR-2 or Tokico HP Blues. Does anyone have any pros or cons for either?

many thanks!!!
I know the feeling! My car gets called "The Scared Cat!"

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Tokico shocks are good. I had adjustable Koni's on my '96 Cobra and loved them. :thumbsup: My '03 Cobra has stock springs and shocks. Just like you, I would like to lower it but as a daily driver I already scrape on some roads and parking lot entrances. Just today I was enjoying some spirited driving on Rt. 401 in Chester Co. and scraped the Magnaflow catted X pipe on a dip. Everytime that happens I cringe! I would like to go to an adjustable shock and set it to firm. I wonder if that would help to prevent scraping at speed on back roads?
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread