Shooting of Roger Fortson in Fort Walton, FL. Curious of opinions

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Most of you have probably heard the news story about Roger Fortson, a Senior Airman in the USAF, being shot and killed by an Okaloosa County Sheriff's deputy. If not, here is a story as it was reported shortly afterwards - Okaloosa County Sheriff's deputy involved in shooting that leaves one man dead

Seems as if there was an issue going on and the deceased was possibly being threatening with a firearm and the officer reacted appropriately.

Now a week later, body cam footage is shown, more details are known and it appears to be a much more dubious police shooting in which it was apparently the wrong apartment and the pistol was being held at Fortson's side and pointed down - MSN

Lot's of "why" and "where" questions still remain -

Where was the disturbance?
Why didn't Fortson answer the door quicker?
Why did the officer move to the side to avoid being seen in the peephole?
While legal and within his rights, why did Fortson answer the door with a gun?
Why/how did the female caller allegedly get the wrong apartment?
Why did the officer shoot so quickly without giving verbal commands to drop the weapon?

I wonder if there there was some sort of prior conflict between Fortson and others in the apartment complex.

As far as Fortson answering with a firearm and not responding quicker, it has been documented that he was facetiming his gf. Nowadays if I'm on a call with someone I probably have at least 1 earbud in to talk to them easier. If there are 2 earbuds, no way I'm hearing someone yelling through the front door but possibly would hear/sense a hard pounding on the door.

Facebook is an absolute cesspool but it's amusing to hear the arguments. The brainwashed libs think it's premediated murder and the brainwashed conservatives say he never should have answered the door with a gun knowing there was a LEO on the other side. IMO both are wrong though IF he did know there was a LEO on the other side of the door then holding a gun would not be the wisest decision. I feel if he knew there was a LEO there and he was holding his firearm, he probably should have communicated through the door, or initially with the safety chain holding it shut, before opening up.

One thing that will muddy the water is that race baiter Benjamin Crump getting involved and trying to spin it as a racist cop intentionally executing a black man when in reality it seems as if it was a series of unfortunate circumstances. On the other side of the coin, nobody deserves to be shot in their home by LE while they are not committing any crimes or threatening anyone.

With what is known now, hard to say that the officer deserves years in prison but also hard to say he should keep his badge and get off without punishment.

No winners here at all.

Last edited:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I didn’t watch the videos but I don’t find it odd that the guy didn’t answer the door quickly?
Half the time when someone knocks/rings my door I don’t answer it at all. I do have a security camera that lets me see who’s there.

All I know is no matter what the facts of the case are the media and the libs will make this all about race. Guaran****inteed.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
is not FLA a constitutional carry state? Are 2A rights suspended anytime LEOs are present? Especially in your own home?

If i was a robber id knock and peoples door at night and yell "police! police!" then when they disarm themselves i can rush in and do as i please.

Morgan

Established Member
Just in time for riot season.

The video clearly shows him open the door while holding a pistol. Perhaps an oversight on his part, but unfortunately a fatal mistake.

Our media will do their best to generate more hatred.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
This is the same sheriffs office where the deputy mag dumped the patrol vehicle with an unarmed, handcuffed suspect after he assumed an acorn dropping was a gunshot.

This airman is supposedly an AC-130 gunner which requires a security clearance and solid personality traits. What’s clear is that there was no disturbance observed by the deputy, no crime alleged or observed, no exigent circumstances, no warrant, the firearm was legal and the man was in his home in a stand your ground state. I usually watch these Police Activity Youtube videos when people get smoked by police and side with them, but this one is no good.

It can be argued that the deputy announced himself but any criminal could announce themselves as police. The first knock was a hard one and the deputy said nothing while backing out of sight of the peephole, then knocked twice more, announcing himself but still making it hard for him to see, obviously for his safety but we need to also see it from the airman’s point of view.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
What I’ve read is the video the public is seeing is heavily edited.
And the deputy( per the sheriffs dept) announces himself and stands in front of the peep hole numerous times and then ducks away ( just in case the human inside starts blasting)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
From what I have read thus far, it seems a buncha Wyatt Earp wannabe's on the force.

Crump might be a race baiter but sometimes he is in the right.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Interesting, from that area. Grew up there and even met my wife due to the C-130. My Grandfather was a C-130 Flight Simulator Tech and her dad on the C-130 Spectre Gun Ship. They even knew of each other. I answer the door with my gun, but if I saw it was a Police Officer I wouldn't. I didn't see a peep hole in the door but he did hear the Police Officer announce himself. Regardless he showed no aggression in pointing the weapon. Bad idea to have it in his hand. I still find fault in the Cop here for assuming the worst case was unfolding when indeed it was not. Shame.

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Trigger Happy Cop, if you ask me...

I hope the family makes sure cop does time!

I agree with Matt Gaetz

"Roger did not deserve to die. He did nothing wrong. He is an American…"

1715371773124.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread