shopping cart rattling on my termi....

ProjectVenom

Established Member
Many have said to change my brake pads to stop the shopping cart rattling noise when I go:eek:ver bumps... some have said my calipers are Jacked up. I just don't know what to do. If I change my pads they'll wear down and the problem is still there.. any suggestions??? Thanks!

IMG_0281.jpg

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Neither have I. So you hear a rattle when you go over bumps? That means something is loose obviously. If everything is installed correctly, I don't see what could rattle far as brakes go.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Only thing i can think of that could rattle brake related is that little plate they put between the back of the pads and the pistons on the caliper. You can take it out if thats what it is. The pads have that thick metal plate on the back of them anyway.

Otherwise, i would guess its coming from your front end man. Maybe worn endlinks and your hearing the washers bouncing around?

I plan to do all the bushing in the front and rear including endlinks soon cause mine have some play like every cobra out there with the stock bushings. Id be willing to bet thats what it is...

ProjectVenom

Established Member
Only thing i can think of that could rattle brake related is that little plate they put between the back of the pads and the pistons on the caliper. You can take it out if thats what it is. The pads have that thick metal plate on the back of them anyway.

Otherwise, i would guess its coming from your front end man. Maybe worn endlinks and your hearing the washers bouncing around?

I plan to do all the bushing in the front and rear including endlinks soon cause mine have some play like every cobra out there with the stock bushings. Id be willing to bet thats what it is...
Thanks to all... apparently, its nothing else, other than brakes. I know this myself because, if I'm going over a cracky road and I hit the brakes it stops. Let the brake go and and rattling resumes on bumpy roads... :(

RussZTT

Established Member
Thanks to all... apparently, its nothing else, other than brakes. I know this myself because, if I'm going over a cracky road and I hit the brakes it stops. Let the brake go and and rattling resumes on bumpy roads... :(
From the front or rear?

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Hmm... wonder if thats the little rattle i hear on mine when im on bumpy roads. Im due for pads though at the moment. They are already at the sensors so i wouldnt doubt if it is brake related. Maybe its the little plate i was talking about. I cant think of anything else that would rattle. Guess ill see if it goes away when i change the pads.

rwingate03

Established Member
Mine does this too on the front driver side. Did it do it right after you replaced the brakes? After I replaced my brakes it was fine for almost 5 months and then it started doing it. This makes me think its not the brakes. Let me know what you guys come up with.

Comp281

Established Member
Don't you just need those little metal anti rattle clips? I saw some info about that posted elsewhere on this site. You can buy the clips at most autoparts stores.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah,it`s the anti rattles clips.Most autoparts carry them,replace the front pins while your at it.

ProjectVenom

Established Member
Don't you just need those little metal anti rattle clips? I saw some info about that posted elsewhere on this site. You can buy the clips at most autoparts stores.

So the anti rattle clips? Ill go check that out. Thanks a lot for everyones help.... ive heard some people mention c-clamps? Is this why you mite be talking about????

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
So the anti rattle clips? Ill go check that out. Thanks a lot for everyones help.... ive heard some people mention c-clamps? Is this why you mite be talking about????

Maybe,they are kinda ''c'' or''G'' shaped,or it could be the ''c'' clips that hold the retaining pins in that i mentioned above.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Im going to check mine out. Guide pins should be fine so ill keep those unless they look worn in some way.

When i do the brake pads, ill throw a set of the anti-rattle clips on there.

SpectorV

Established Member
my driver's side brake made a ticking noise and when I touched the brake petal it would stop. There is a little spring that keep tension on the brake somehow and it got lost. I replaced my calipers with some 10th anniv and the problem was solved.

ProjectVenom

Established Member
my driver's side brake made a ticking noise and when I touched jthe brake petal it would stop. There is a little spring that keep tension on the brake somehow and it got lost. I replaced my calipers with some 10th anniv and the problem was solved.

then I know exactly what I need to do... does anybody know if they sell six piston brakes for the termis?? Brembo maybe?

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Was talking to a buddy at Ford and he says this is a common problem with aftermarket pads not fitting correctly into the stock calipers. Supposedly the anti rattle clips worked for a few people but nothing so far has taken my rattling away.

What pads are you running? I had EBC Redstuff pads and had to throw them and my new Powerslot rotors away after 2k miles because of noises no one could figure out and the grinding. Wound up getting Brembo blanks and those $20 Brembo sport pads. All my noises went away for the first 200 miles. After I bed them in properly I get this rattling again over the smallest bumps in the road plus a little bit of squealing at low speeds. Also I now have what sounds like a suspension rattling from the passenger front. Really annoying....Im gonna have to make a video of this noise.

Check this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...s-211/649257-where-buy-anti-rattle-clips.html

Last edited:

ProjectVenom

Established Member
Was talking to a buddy at Ford and he says this is a common problem with aftermarket pads not fitting correctly into the stock calipers. Supposedly the anti rattle clips worked for a few people but nothing so far has taken my rattling away.

What pads are you running? I had EBC Redstuff pads and had to throw them and my new Powerslot rotors away after 2k miles because of noises no one could figure out and the grinding. Wound up getting Brembo blanks and those $20 Brembo sport pads. All my noises went away for the first 200 miles. After I bed them in properly I get this rattling again over the smallest bumps in the road plus a little bit of squealing at low speeds. Also I now have what sounds like a suspension rattling from the passenger front. Really annoying....Im gonna have to make a video of this noise.

Check this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...s-211/649257-where-buy-anti-rattle-clips.html

Jefe. That's exactly what my situation is. It drives me crazy and it seems there's no really good solution. Ill be trying the anti rattle clips and see how that works.. I have some hawk pads. Maybe upgrading calipers will work????

IMG_0281.jpg

Jefe

Established Member
We shouldnt need to. There are tons of guys here with aftermarket pads that dont complain about this noise. We cant all be missing one step of the install can we? I have 4 anti rattle clips installed and the C clips on the retaining pins. One of the techs at Ford told my buddy to chamfer the ends of the pad since thats how the factory ones are which may be whats causing the squealing. But thats doesnt solve the rattling

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
You guys are describing the sound i hear on mine but mine isnt as noticable as yall make it sound so maybe mines just a minor case.

I need to do the pads though and ive heard mixed thoughts and different opinions on which ones to run. Im prob going to keep my stock rotors. They are nice and clean and worn evenly with no warp or anything. Might have them turned but id like to just drop some pads in and go. I can upgrade to big brakes later...

Users who are viewing this thread