Shopping for wheels! Please Help!

MissGT23

Established Member
Does anyone know where I can find set of wheels and tires?
I don't want to spend more than $1000 for a set. I don't need anything fancy since I only drive my Mustang few days a year. My wheels are having issues and the car is due for new set of tires. I am looking for 18's.

Also car is silver so would black or chrome look better on silver Mustang?

RedFord96

Established Member
You can find used wheels cheaper and in good condition... harder to meet your budget with new wheels. Your money, though! Since your car is silver, go with black and a polished lip. It'll look great.

SlowLNF

Established Member
$1000 is a very tight budget to buy wheels and tires new. You will be best off looking at used to find a decent set.

MissGT23

Established Member
You can find used wheels cheaper and in good condition... harder to meet your budget with new wheels. Your money, though! Since your car is silver, go with black and a polished lip. It'll look great.

I don't like used stuff on my car. Plus people tell you they are in good shape, but you don't know till you actually get them.

Since these wheels are having problems, I don't want to have same problem 6months down the road.
But even if I buy used wheels and by the time I get new set of tires it will still cost me the same? Cheapset set of tires I can find are $600

I like black more :)

RedFord96

Established Member
I don't like used stuff on my car. Plus people tell you they are in good shape, but you don't know till you actually get them.

Since these wheels are having problems, I don't want to have same problem 6months down the road.
But even if I buy used wheels and by the time I get new set of tires it will still cost me the same? Cheapset set of tires I can find are $600

I like black more :)

Well, the wheels on my car were used :shrug: They were flawless, and a fraction of the price they were brand new. I wouldn't worry about buying wheels used, as long as the seller has many good pictures of them. I can understand not wanting used for things like cylinder heads, superchargers, stuff that has internals you can't really check out over the internet.

But, I doubt I'm going to change your opinion. But I've priced brand new 18s and tires before and I don't think I ever came up with a total under $1000. Even the package deals with more generic tires. Which is why I still have 17s. :bored:

MissGT23

Established Member
Well, the wheels on my car were used :shrug: They were flawless, and a fraction of the price they were brand new. I wouldn't worry about buying wheels used, as long as the seller has many good pictures of them. I can understand not wanting used for things like cylinder heads, superchargers, stuff that has internals you can't really check out over the internet.

But, I doubt I'm going to change your opinion. But I've priced brand new 18s and tires before and I don't think I ever came up with a total under $1000. Even the package deals with more generic tires. Which is why I still have 17s. :bored:

Hmm, I am just worried about buying used set. If I could come across 17's for a decent price I wouldn't mind. I just want my car to roll on something :)

Users who are viewing this thread