Short block purchase?

mark23svt

Established Member
Hey guys my car is on the higher mileage side and I need to start saving money to rebuild mine or start building a side motor slowly. I came across this short block but just really need advice if you guys think it’s good and worth it or just rebuild mine later. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• A2B19079-0D3F-45BB-8F3D-CD6E92169EAD.jpeg
    A2B19079-0D3F-45BB-8F3D-CD6E92169EAD.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 138

mark23svt

Established Member
Looks legit. That’s a good price
He sent a video, just don’t know how to post. And it does that’s why I don’t want to miss out. I just don’t know much about internals. So wanted to see your guys opinions on the parts used for this short block if they are good.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's a horrible price. What's the guys info so I can give him a piece of my mind?

Load the video to YouTube and link it here.

efnfast

Established Member
higher mileage on these doesn't necessarily mean rebuild time is coming.

i've got 260k on mine w/o issues (ported/pullied/intake/exhaust/tune) .. somebody else on here has like 450k on theirs.

mark23svt

Established Member
higher mileage on these doesn't necessarily mean rebuild time is coming.

i've got 260k on mine w/o issues (ported/pullied/intake/exhaust/tune) .. somebody else on here has like 450k on theirs.
True I just thought cuz engine doesn’t seem right, smoke every now and then comes out. But it can be that my cousin that had it for a while didn’t do anything at all zero maintance man. So I guess I’ll save to build mine better.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
True I just thought cuz engine doesn’t seem right, smoke every now and then comes out. But it can be that my cousin that had it for a while didn’t do anything at all zero maintance man. So I guess I’ll save to build mine better.

Compression and leak down tests can tell you a lot. I’d say valve guides/seals are just as likely to cause a little smoke as anything

mark23svt

Established Member
Compression and leak down tests can tell you a lot. I’d say valve guides/seals are just as likely to cause a little smoke as anything
Yeah true. I’m leaning even thought it might be a good deal not to get it yet. Since I don’t live anywhere near I just to scared to get it and something is wrong im on a budget to fix this car so that would totally set me back. Instead with those 2k I can install the return fuel system and do compression test.

GoGreen04

Established Member
Very good price. I had mine rebuilt by a very reputable engine builder and I'm not even going to tell you how much I paid. I'd go for it if I were you.

03' White Snake

Established Member
What dish are the pistons? CR? Is it a fresh build or why is he selling it?

Depending it is a good deal for 2k. I was into my short block for 3500 and I provided all the hardware, crank, and pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread