Short Block Q

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
Hey guys,

Just currious, I am really torn between which route to go at the moment. I either want to buy a 2.3KB or a JLP short block w/ stock everything else. My question is since their short block is slightly bored and balanced, which route would net me more horsepower with a moderate tune? I guess ultimately which route would be best to start with. Within the year i would like to have both the KB and the short block, but like i stated just currious which would be best to start with thanks guys!

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
needmoreboost said:
Hey guys,

Just currious, I am really torn between which route to go at the moment. I either want to buy a 2.3KB or a JLP short block w/ stock everything else. My question is since their short block is slightly bored and balanced, which route would net me more horsepower with a moderate tune? I guess ultimately which route would be best to start with. Within the year i would like to have both the KB and the short block, but like i stated just currious which would be best to start with thanks guys!

Get a built short block... you will be able to throw more at your motor with the built shortblock than with just teh KB....

get a built Shortblock and Ported and polished heads and cams... you will love it!

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
Yeah having a bullet proof bottom end is definately a nice idea.... what would be expected HP gains with a short block at stock boost ?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
You shouldnt see much of a gain if everything else is stock. It would just make your life happier and easier when you start modding it and upping the boost. Ive seen some people make well over 500 to the wheel on a built block with a stock eaton.

Dusten

Established Member
another vote for the shortblock. For two reason's... A) piece of mind.
B) you can sell your stock block, before you blow it up

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
"""""another vote for the shortblock. For two reason's... A) piece of mind.
B) you can sell your stock block, before you blow it up"""""

I didnt even think of B.... how much would a stock block with just over 40k go for?

Dusten

Established Member
not sure. But there are always guys blowing up there motors. Even if its like 800 or so, its enough to offset some of the cost. You could also save money, and have someone local build your short block

Users who are viewing this thread