Short runner intake mod.

kbroush

Established Member
I have been reading articles on modifying the factory intake on my car (97 cobra) to make it a short runner design. Does anyone have any personal experience with this and is it worth the time? I alos wonder is there anyone that does this service? And one last question, what kind of gains would I see after this modification? At the moment my engine is stock except for long tube headers, imrc deletes and a cold air intake. I would also upgrade to the accufab single blade throttle body at the same time as doing the intake manifold. Thank you for any info you have.

4vRedone

Banned
contact nasvt he is the guru on this mod. He also does them for a certain price they are well worth the time and money from my understanding.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Todd, aka NA SVT, does this service. You already have the imrc deletes and long tubes so this probably would go nice with those this all of these take away from low end torque. I sure hope you got a minimum of 4.10's or 4.30's to go with all that.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If you're looking for power above 6300rpm a shortrunner is a good mod for you. If you shift at 6500 or lower you won't benefit by getting one.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
After the 4.10's it feels like I'm lacking power above 6k rpms so this should be a good "cure."

Would this be a good idea without long tubes? I'm on the fence on long tubes since it's already a pain to drive around speedbumps here. Also I have emissions in January lol. The long tubes would be great for some torque though.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
I also would like to do a short runner but I just powder coated my lower intake manifold. I wonder if NA SVT can do this mod without screwing up the finish

kbroush

Established Member
I have 456 gears so I think the short runner modification would help benefit me also. When I take my car to the track I shift at 6800 rpm. The cars seems to fall off over that and I think that may be from the intake design. I plan on running a turbo setup in the near future also but would think this would still benefit that.

gq916

Established Member
I have been reading articles on modifying the factory intake on my car (97 cobra) to make it a short runner design. Does anyone have any personal experience with this and is it worth the time? I alos wonder is there anyone that does this service? And one last question, what kind of gains would I see after this modification? At the moment my engine is stock except for long tube headers, imrc deletes and a cold air intake. I would also upgrade to the accufab single blade throttle body at the same time as doing the intake manifold. Thank you for any info you have.

how much hp and tq are u at right now?

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
I have been looking at doing this mod I bought an extra manifold for this I will keep an eye on this I have Imrc delete and would like to gain back some bottom end. I have 410s and my car is strong from 4000 to 7500 just dead from 1000 to 3000

kbroush

Established Member
how much hp and tq are u at right now?

I would guess around 280rwhp? Im not for sure 100% since I never had the car dynoed. I just bought it a few months ago. When I took it to the track it ran 13.6 @103 mph. The DA was 4800ft that day it was horrible conditions.

kbroush

Established Member
A TB will add no power.

Would the single blade throttle body be beneficial when I do forced induction though? I would think the factory one would become a restriction at some point. Also do you know what kind of hp gains our cobras get out of the short runner modification? I am just curious. Thanks.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
stock throttle body is good until 700hp or 500hp, I think its 700 if memory serves right. also if you look into some builds you'll see sub 700hp cars with stock TB.

short runner is good for 15-18rwhp, ~20 with imrc deletes.

Users who are viewing this thread