Short throw shifter guys please

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Had a quick question about the MGW short throw. In the instructions it had a little foot note that said that tremec did not advise using shift stops... So my question is should I use the shift stops? Tremec says they have internal stops but I'm unsure.. Anyone with MGW or knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated :beer:

stendori

Established Member
they do have internal stops built in the 3650 trans, but i still used the stops on my pro 5 set up. just set the stops up a little loose and you can still have them in to help just in case. imo

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
^ This is what I did.

they do have internal stops built in the 3650 trans, but i still used the stops on my pro 5 set up. just set the stops up a little loose and you can still have them in to help just in case. imo

Alright thanks guys I had planned on doing this but was kinda hesitant because of tremecs warning. Just wanted to see if others had done it. :beer:

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I left mine in on my MGW. Just backed them out to the max the shifter goes to. Mak sure 3rd is backed off a good amount, especially if your racing

stendori

Established Member
well i got a chance to see first hand the internal stops in the 3650 and i laughed when i saw plastic washers on the slide rails. not much of a safety stop. i guess i'm glad i left my stops in on the pro 5 shifter. imo

Charles236

Established Member
I agree about the plastic shift stops, for any hard shifting I would want the stops provided by MGW (or other aftermarket shifters, for that matter). Most people don't know that the 3650's shift stops are plastic. If you properly adjust the MGW's shift stops, they will cause no problems while adding another level of protection for the transmission.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
well i got a chance to see first hand the internal stops in the 3650 and i laughed when i saw plastic washers on the slide rails. not much of a safety stop. i guess i'm glad i left my stops in on the pro 5 shifter. imo

I agree about the plastic shift stops, for any hard shifting I would want the stops provided by MGW (or other aftermarket shifters, for that matter). Most people don't know that the 3650's shift stops are plastic. If you properly adjust the MGW's shift stops, they will cause no problems while adding another level of protection for the transmission.

Thank you so much for this info guys :beer: plastic is definitely a huge turn off lol

Users who are viewing this thread