short throw shifter

lockman

Established Member
hello everyone I just picked up a 2013 gt 500. I would like to know who makes the best short throw shifter for the gt 500 the one I had my corvette was a MGW and I loved the way it felt just wondering if there is a better one for the mustang?

PRP

Established Member
hello everyone I just picked up a 2013 gt 500. I would like to know who makes the best short throw shifter for the gt 500 the one I had my corvette was a MGW and I loved the way it felt just wondering if there is a better one for the mustang?

I have a MGW and love it.

There are two popular shifters people use, MGW and Barton.

Phill

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I got the MGW in with the grabber blue Shelby ball. with weather and snow shitting up the roads, I haven't installed it yet, but the machine work of the MGW looks extremely well made.

The Shelby ball is a lot larger than OEM which fits my hand better.

So, I took the shifter handle and new Shelby ball to my office, and I sit here in my chair pretend shifting on my air transmission making motor sounds. So far, it's working great!!!:beer:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I actually like the stock shifter in these cars .. that being said if I did upgrade, it would be MGW all the way! I had them in 2 of my past cars and loved it!

Crowley

SirPhobos

Established Member
I put in an MGW with a TWM spooky about a week ago. Vertical shifting (1-2 , 3-4) is nicer but horizontal movement (testing for N at stop lights) is much stiffer. I did 4 turns out on the adjustment.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I actually like the stock shifter in these cars .. that being said if I did upgrade, it would be MGW all the way! I had them in 2 of my past cars and loved it!

Crowley

I agree. I had an MGW in my 08Z. The difference from stock was very small. The stock one actually kinda felt better. The stock Shelby shifter feels very good as well. I'm gonna leave it alone this time. Ford really got it right this time. This is a Mustang that really needs none of the typical Mustang mods.

mullens

Established Member
They will have some way to go to beat the OEM shifter. I've been rowing the gears for 40+ years and this is the best stock shifter I've had. Throws are short and precise.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I am also in the "happy" camp and as the miles are adding up the tranny and shifter are working smoother as well.

Tom

lockman

Established Member
don't get me wrong I do like this shifter feels really good but I think the throws are a little long in the improtant gears 1-2-3-4. 5 and 6 who really cares. in my last car going from 2-3 you just open palm it and push straight up worked everytime with the MGW. shifter I haven't put many miles on the Shelby yet but was wanting to get some opinions on which way to go. as I've had great results with the MGW and I plan on taking this car to the track a few times to have some fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread