Shortrunner Results

gq916

Established Member
the first dyno graph is mine. my hp drops off 30hp from 6250rpm to 7050rpm..it drops off 10hp from 6250-6800rpm..then drops off 20hp from 6800-7050rpm. Doesnt make any sense to me. As you can see my torque sucks too. The second dyno is a members dyno posted a couple of days ago. He has a stock intake and he peaks higher than me and his hp only drops off 10hp from peak to 7200rpm. Whats going on here !?!!?
:shrug:

Jesse96Cobra.jpg

CobraDyno03-30-10.gif

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Simple... different weather, elevation... One could be a dynojet vs a mustang dyno ect...

There are too many variables. Why kind of dyno did you run on?

Your numbers are SAE corrected so uncorrected, they are about 2.5% better or so..

Did you have the car tuned after the short runner intake?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You're comparing different combos on different dynos. Dyno Dynamics dynos are known to produce higher numbers than dynojets. What kinda dyno was yours on?

Do you have a "before" graph?

Your torque is a result of the B heads. I've seen guys run low 11s with that much torque.

Stock intakes do not peak at 6400rpm on a dyno jet.

Your car was tuned on 91 octane. What about the other car?

308rwhp on 91 octane is pretty damn good.

Something tells me that the car in the bottom graph does not have a stock engine cause they took it to 7200.

Your numbers are SAE corrected so uncorrected, they are about 2.5% better or so..

Did you have the car tuned after the short runner intake?

Are the numbers SAE corrected (in both graphs)?

The corrected numbers can be higher and they can also be lower than the uncorrected. Unless the temp are pressure are known it's impossible to speculate on the uncorrected numbers.

Last edited:

CJK440

Established Member
I can understand different HP and torque numbers from dyno to dyno and even weather but I would imagine the peaks would still be at the same RPM or pretty close. Just thinking out loud here.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I can understand different HP and torque numbers from dyno to dyno and even weather but I would imagine the peaks would still be at the same RPM or pretty close. Just thinking out loud here.

The shortrunenr combo should peak about 200rpm higher if the same dyno was used.

I've seen my short runners peak as low as 6100 on a superflow dyno and as high as 6800 on a dyno jet.

Stock intake'd combos peak close to 6300rpm on an unloaded dynojet.

19984V

Established Member
Dyno Dynamics should read lower than Dynojets. I made 279 on a DynoDynamics and 291 on a Dyno Jet.

My tuner (dynodynamics) always tells people if they want numbers find a dynojet

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
go run it at the track, no matter what you run see what your MPH is and it will be a good indication of what power you are making

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
There is more than just a short runner intake that will influence the shape of your power curve.

btw, as everyone else said, those are some good numbers so go out and enjoy it!

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Chris, it's hard to compare a cammed C headed combo to that with B heads and a short runner.

I wasn't comparing his to mine, I was just mentioning how bolt-ons had changed the shape of my graph.

I think he just likes posting his dyno graph. :poke:

lol, thats my old dyno graph, nothing to show off there.

I'll see my way out the door now, :smmon:

cobra916

Established Member
Dyno Dynamics should read lower than Dynojets. I made 279 on a DynoDynamics and 291 on a Dyno Jet.

My tuner (dynodynamics) always tells people if they want numbers find a dynojet

he is not talking about numbers vs numbers...but power curve vs power cuurve.. the car with stock intake is holding power higher and for longer..simple as that

Users who are viewing this thread