Shorty headers - feedback please

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I have a nice catback and midpipe and I am thinking about adding shorty headers to my combo. I don't want to switch to LT headers, but I want feedback from people who have used or are using shorty headers.

Thanks

mlysaght

Established Member
I changed my BBK longtubes out with JBA shorties and never looked back. Not as deep of a tone, and maybe lost a little torque, but they hung so low I could not get home without dragging them on the speed bumps in the neighborhood, and causing them to leak. JBA's look good, and have a good strong sound to them. As for any kind of power gain from them, would'nt be a whole lot.

bubblehead93

Established Member
waste of time and money on your car. that being said I do have a set of JBA SS coated shorties new in the box - its a long story. I really can't recommend the swap but if you are dead set on it, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.

You will see no power difference over the stock manifold. with respect to sound - who cares unless it makes it sound like a four or six cylinder (which it won't) - question is does it make power, if you want a different sound, buy a different muffler or swap your h-pipe for a x-pipe. JMO.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
The stock logs flow well enough that you will not see an advantage from shorties. Maybe a little bit of sound difference. LT's will only net you noticeable gains. BTW, my Mac's tuck up real nice under my car. No scraping.

Users who are viewing this thread