Should I buy a new handheld tuner

Jsantana91

Established Member
I recently bought my 04 cobra its stock besides a catback exhaust, bbk cai, and 2.9 pulley. The car came with a DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR TUNER U7142. The tuner was mated to the car back in 05 and hasn't been updated or anything. Should I buy a new tuner with a bama tune? Thanks I tried to do some research but didn't find anything

Last edited:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
You don't NEED to buy a new tuner unless the tuner doesn't use a Diablosport tuning software. I would do some looking around for some top tuners and see if they use your equipment. If they do not, your answer is pretty easy at that point and a SCT product is on your future.

Also, if you car hasn't been updated with any new parts and the tune in it is fine, I wouldn't change it just because.

-Alex

Jsantana91

Established Member
You don't NEED to buy a new tuner unless the tuner doesn't use a Diablosport tuning software. I would do some looking around for some top tuners and see if they use your equipment. If they do not, your answer is pretty easy at that point and a SCT product is on your future.

Also, if you car hasn't been updated with any new parts and the tune in it is fine, I wouldn't change it just because.

-Alex

Thank you Alex for your answer and help. I will start looking for a tuner as I do plan on modifying the car more. Hopefully they can still work with that ancient handheld tuner I have lol

-Jason

decipha

Established Member
best bet is to get a quarterhorse from moates.net for only $250, that will give you full access to your tune and you can even tune in realtime

the tuning software and base tune is free on my website along with the amz3 tune that isn't publicly released but your more than welcome to it if you want it just let me know

Jsantana91

Established Member
best bet is to get a quarterhorse from moates.net for only $250, that will give you full access to your tune and you can even tune in realtime

the tuning software and base tune is free on my website along with the amz3 tune that isn't publicly released but your more than welcome to it if you want it just let me know

Awesome man thanks for the great info I will look all this over in a little bit later. I don't know if I need a new tune or not the car does have a misfire or something going on in the low rpms (1500rpm and below)

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member

I'd be interesting in trying it out. Real time tuning would be siiiicccckkkk.

Jsantana91

Established Member
Yea, I uses SCT PRP and do it myself. Tuner for me is just a path between laptop and pcm.

Thats not a bad idea at all except that I'm pretty new to the tuning stuff. But I'm trying to learn more that might be something to look into getting. As I do plan on making more hp as soon as I get my suspension done

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Thats not a bad idea at all except that I'm pretty new to the tuning stuff. But I'm trying to learn more that might be something to look into getting. As I do plan on making more hp as soon as I get my suspension done

I recommend it. It has a bit of a learning curve, but totally worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread