Should I buy?

Skewbus

Established Member
Friend of mine is trying to get out of his 03 Black coupe. 21K miles. Has a few mods...pulley, exhaust, new spec clutch. Says he'll sell it to me for 22K. Would it be pretty easy to flip it for 25K or so?

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
It would be easy to flip it for that much but it's not morally correct. Your friend could just as well sell it for that much himself but I'm under the impression he was giving you a better price. If you take him up on the deal with the intentions of selling it to make money, he's not really your friend.

Just my $0.02

Skewbus

Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
It would be easy to flip it for that much but it's not morally correct. Your friend could just as well sell it for that much himself but I'm under the impression he was giving you a better price. If you take him up on the deal with the intentions of selling it to make money, he's not really your friend.

Just my $0.02

Well, he's had it on autotrader for 26,500 for the last month and says he hasn't gotten anything but tire-kickers. He bought it right so he's not losing any money on the deal but he just has to get out of it for financial reasons.

*edit* he says he bought it for 24K.

Last edited:

Want03/04Cobra

Established Member
There was a guy on here that sold his Black 03 cobra with only 11k miles for $23.9k and it took him 4 months. It was modded and very clean. He tried everything to sell it, but it just took time. Honesly if you can buy it for that great, but don't expect to flip it and make any money off of it.

Skewbus

Established Member
Want03/04Cobra said:
There was a guy on here that sold his Black 03 cobra with only 11k miles for $23.9k and it took him 4 months. It was modded and very clean. He tried everything to sell it, but it just took time. Honesly if you can buy it for that great, but don't expect to flip it and make any money off of it.

Good to know...thanks. :beer:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Skewbus said:
Well, he's had it on autotrader for 26,500 for the last month and says he hasn't gotten anything but tire-kickers.
Selling these cars can be a pain. Lots of people want one...but not everyone can afford a $25K used car.

When I sold my '03, I wholesaled it to a dealer. I lost about $2K in the process, but it was worth it to me to just hand over the keys and walk away with a check.

Dealing with young tire-kickers is the last thing I would want to do (no offense to any young tire kickers out there)...

smetz

Established Member
He'd have better luck in the summer, but has he considered taking it to CarMax and see what they will offer for it. Most times they will give you blue book. The tradein value of his car in "good" condition according to KBB is 22,040. He won't get money for the mods, just doesn't happen. There is one in Albequerque.

AZ Snake

Established Member
If you do not actually want the car for yourself would you mind sending me your buddies info. I will hopefully be looking for a black 03/04 next month.

[email protected].

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread