Should I drop my Terminator? Help?

ProjectVenom

Established Member
I have a 2003 Cobra. I just bought a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs. I have been told that I should not drop my Termi well, people don't recommend it. I take my car to the track most of the time.

What am I looking at if I do drop with a set of Adjustable Tokico shocks, C/C plates, bump steer and all that good stuff? Lower ET times? Probability of braking rear end? Help Please!

ProjectVenom

Established Member
here some pics of her...
IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I have the Eibach pro kit... it generally 1.1 front and 1.5 rear I believe... do you recommend something else?

i dont know i went the cheap route:lol1: i cut my springs on my car it rides and sits perfect.....3/4 cut in the rear and almost a full up front.....i can stick two fingers in between the tire and fender well on my car....btw the pic in my sig is before i cut the fronts a little more

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
lowering the car will help reduce wheel hop when you use a nice progressive spring like H&R Race....

I'd recomend you return the Eibach and get the H&R race springs. They are tried and true on this forum..I personally run them and love them.

who ever is telling you not to lower the car, obviously isn't very educated.

Jefe

Established Member
All depends on where you drive the car and the clearance issues you may come across. Speed bumps or steep driveways? These cars definitely are too high from the factory and they look great when lowered but you dont want to scrape your exhaust everywhere you go...Pro kit should be a nice drop or you could always cut your stock springs

ProjectVenom

Established Member
lowering the car will help reduce wheel hop when you use a nice progressive spring like H&R Race....

I'd recomend you return the Eibach and get the H&R race springs. They are tried and true on this forum..I personally run them and love them.

who ever is telling you not to lower the car, obviously isn't very educated.

Thanks. I know there's different H&R springs... what do you recommend? Race springs?

DocB

Established Member
If you are planning LTs in the future, you may want to think twice before you lower it.

SpectorV

Established Member
mine is droped with H&R race its a good drop and I have no real issues~ I have to be carful pulling into some places (chin spoiler will scrape) other than that its all good. I just have to pull into places at an angle. My K member brace (verts only) hits usually and since a coupe doesnt have one you should be better off than me.

the H&R are progressive and have a good strong rate so they ride good and handle really good, not sure what the eibachs are but just fyi if you want handling out of it to check. Mine are 720 front/rear

ProjectVenom

Established Member
mine is droped with H&R race its a good drop and I have no real issues~ I have to be carful pulling into some places (chin spoiler will scrape) other than that its all good. I just have to pull into places at an angle. My K member brace (verts only) hits usually and since a coupe doesnt have one you should be better off than me.

the H&R are progressive and have a good strong rate so they ride good and handle really good, not sure what the eibachs are but just fyi if you want handling out of it to check. Mine are 720 front/rear

Thanks a lot! Seems like H&R are true to this forum... I already have the Eibachs... but I am taking everyones advice on this... I just need to sell them back :( and some non-adjustable tokico blue shocks, all new. Any takers?

Users who are viewing this thread